Is GSP ducking Usman/Covington winner by cherry-picking Khabib?

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Usman and Colby: Two standout wrestlers with well rounded striking+unlimited cardio and hell-ish paces. They’re in georges true weight class of 170lbs. I mean these two guys are a lot tougher than pretty much all of GSP’s title defenses outside of maybe Hendricks (and we saw how that fight went).

Khabib: A guy who kills himself to make 155lbs instead of healthily fighting at 170lbs against standout wrestlers like Usman/Colby. His best win is Proper 12 Conor coming off a two year mma layoff and a CTE inducing boxing match.

discuss

Absolutely, GSP wants no part of the new and evolved WW elite. This has been clear since he cherry picked Bisping

Dana White always makes the fights the fans want, he managed to make Conor vs Floyd ffs.

Yett this doesn't happen with GSP, we never got the Silva fight after all. Clearly, the Canadian is guilty of avoiding risky fights

GSP is the GOAT in general and the GOAT WW, why would he fight at WW ? when he can make his legacy even bigger in becoming the first 3 weigh class champion

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/gsp-destroys-khabob.4037049/

lol at khabib killing himself to make 155, like usman doesnt kill himself to make 170 ? btw dustin was heavier than khabib fight night ...

It's not like the LW goat is an easy fight.
Anyway, GSP's "retirement" is too convenient to be taken seriously, but truth be told, the legacy fights have much more appeal than a ranking based match.

Khabib is a tougher fight than Colby 100% not sure if tougher than Usman though.

Judging by Colby performance vs RDA, Khabib ragdolls him 100%. If RDA scored takedowns on your ass then Khabib is taking you for a ride 100%.

If Colby beats Usman then Khabib is better than both and will likely move up to become double champ.

Last edited:
He's still 38 (until May), still retired and never fighting at LW.

GSP is the GOAT in general and the GOAT WW, why would he fight at WW ? when he can make his legacy even bigger in becoming the first 3 weigh class champion
So you agree that he’s purposely avoiding his weightclass and the tougher fighters in favor of cherry-picking khabib?

Thanks for the input

Khabib is a tougher fight than Colby 100% not sure if tougher than Usman though.

If Colby beats Usman then Khabib is better than both and will likely move up to become double champ.
Khabib would never fight Usman or Colby, otherwise he would be at WW already.

he’d rather fight post-usada gsp, an easier matchup

So you agree that he’s purposely avoiding his weightclass and the tougher fighters in favor of cherry-picking khabib?

Thanks for the input

Why the hell would GSP fight Usman, he has nothing to prove to anyone, unlike other fighters ? You didnt mind when Conor fought Alvarez instead of defending his belt at featherweight did you ?

Why would GSP fight someone with no drawing power in his post-retirement? he already proved himself as one of the greatest to ever graced the octagon.

So, GSP has to prove his legacy literally years after he retired?

Let's compare it to the other GOATS: Fedor is losing GOAT-status by continue to fight and not cherry pick. Same goes for Anderson.

Sherdog: They should have retired, and they would still be GOAT.

GSP is doing the right thing. Except he's blamed for cherry picking.

Thanks for the input
1 - I agree that he prefers to fight in LW than WW because he already has done every thing in this category, he has nothing to prove anymore

2 - I believe that beating khabib at 155 is a greater accomplishment than beating usman or colby at 170, I am sorry but I have seen average dude beating those two fighters. GSP jabs usman to death for 25 minutes, and wrestlefuck colby like he never felt before ( colby got taken down by BJJ fighters for god sake ... ). GSP would probably be the favorite against colby ( against usman maybe not ), but he will 100 per cent be the underdog against khabib.

3 - facing khabib = lot of money

4 - 3 division champ

if you dont understand that, you should get some help.

He would definitely fight Colby who is a small WW.

Judging by Colby performance vs RDA, Khabib ragdolls him 100%. If RDA scored takedowns on your ass than Khabib is taking you for a ride 100%.

If by some miracle Colby wins this fight, then count Khabib as a double champ.

Dudes like RDA and Masvidal reached WW elite status and theyre LW rejects. If Colby is the champ then watch Khabib move up and get that belt.

1 - I agree that he prefers to fight in LW than WW because he already has done every thing in this category, he has nothing to prove anymore

2 - I believe that beating khabib at 155 is a greater accomplishment than beating usman or colby at 170, I am sorry but I have seen average dude beating those two fighters. GSP jabs usman to death for 25 minutes, and wrestlefuck colby like he never felt before ( colby got taken down by BJJ fighters for god sake ... ). GSP would probably be the favorite against colby ( usman maybe not ), but he will 100 per cent be the underdog against khabib.

3 - facing khabib = lot of money

4 - 3 division champ

if you dont understand that, you should get some help.
That’s a whole lot of text to sum up that GSP is avoiding the harder matchup by cherry-picking khabib

so you re saying GSP want to fight khabib because he is an easy match up, but at the same time you say khabib want gsp because he is an easy match up ? bro you must be trolling
<{walkerwhut}>

No such thing as cherypicking Khabib. He's looked far more impressive than Usman and their respective records back that up.

yes, he is terrified at the thought of both these fighters' devastating KO power.

Usman and Covington are both poverty versions of GSP. They do what GSP does, he just did it better.

Usman and Colby: Two standout wrestlers with well rounded striking+unlimited cardio and hell-ish paces. They’re in georges true weight class of 170lbs. I mean these two guys are a lot tougher than pretty much all of GSP’s title defenses outside of maybe Hendricks (and we saw how that fight went).

Khabib: A guy who kills himself to make 155lbs instead of healthily fighting at 170lbs against standout wrestlers like Usman/Colby. His best win is Proper 12 Conor coming off a two year mma layoff and a CTE inducing boxing match.

discuss
Becoming the first ever champion in the history of MMA while defeating an undefeated champion >>>>>> coming back to win a belt in a division still living under your shadow.
Im a big King Colby fight but GSP woujld school both him and Snoozeman.

so you re saying GSP want to fight khabib because he is an easy match up, but at the same time you say khabib want gsp because he is an easy match up ? bro you must be trolling
<{walkerwhut}>
Yes they are both opting for the easier fight matchup instead of calling out the winner of Usman/Colby. Not that difficult to comprehend bud

Back