I have a bad feelings about Aldo weight cut

usadaguy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Moraes is a huge bantamweight, he's a ripped man, nearly 0 fat and all muscles. But he always makes weight. But huge weight cut + sprint style of fighting makes him tired quickly.

Aldo is older and bigger than Moraes. Jose struggled to make 145lbs (I know he always made this weight limit).

I hope nothing bad is gonna happen to him. I don't like him but I wish him well. Dana White should never agree on this. Edgar is completely different story, Frankie is a small man compare to Jose.

I can understand big weight cuts, but not for a legend who is semi retired and he struggled to make 145lb before, lets be serious..

How many of these bad feelings do you have and how do they differ from one another?

Anyways, Aldo will be fine.

The cut is gonna go fine and Aldo is gonna beat Moraes.
It's not 2010 anymore. Weight-cutting science and nutrition has improved over the years. Aldo is gonna have no problem making 135.

He has more money now than he did back then when UFC champs were paid basically nothing and Renan Barao was washing his clothes in a bath-tub. He can afford a nutritionist, his camp can afford a sports-scientist dedicated to his weight cut, etc.
He's never been a huge Featherweight and can without a doubt make 135 if he stays disciplined and stops eating his own burgers.

Last edited:
How many of these bad feelings do you have and how do they differ from one another?

Anyways, Aldo will be fine.

It doesn't mater but I remember I had a bad feelings after Overeem vs Ngannou staredown and he nearly died.

I hope he will be fine after weigh ins Im just saying Dana should not let Aldo fight at bantamweight.

Aldo should be moving up not down, im afraid he will get KOd cuz of the weight cut.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t share your concern, I say that as a longtime WEC Aldo fan.
<mma3>
<Fedor23>

Aldo should be moving up not down, im afraid he will get KOd cuz of the weight cut.

There are 6'1 Featherweights around and you are seriously saying Aldo needs to move to LW? LOL.
Holloway dwarfs Aldo, did you see how he looked at LW?

Times have changed. People cut more weight than ever because they have more tools (more money) and more science and better nutrition at their disposal. Aldo used to be a medium-sized FW, now he's a small one.

Me too. I keep having flashbacks of TJ cutting to FLW.

Aldo is only 33, and he only turned 33 two months ago, people chat like he is 45+ on here, always bringing up "how old" he is. He will make the weight I'm sure and he is not a big guy either.

I think Aldo's gonna lose in all honesty. I like Moraes and understand the position he's in but i'd much rather see Aldo get his hand raised. I just think Moraes is a dangerous bw debut

There are 6'1 Featherweights around and you are seriously saying Aldo needs to move to LW? LOL.

Times have changed. People cut more weight than ever because they have more tools (more money) and more science and better nutrition at their disposal. Aldo used to be a medium-sized FW, now he's a small one.

Zabit and Max have weight cut problems already (Zabit have cardio for 2 rounds, Max was in hospital before Ortega fight) but they don't have a lot of muscles like Aldo have.
10lbs makes a huge difference between BW and FW.

I believe he can make it like T.J. Dillashaw but look at Barao history and IV ban. It's not as simple as you think

Don't worry about him.

Worse case scenario, he gets diminished from the weight cut and knocked out stiff as a tree.

Zabit and Max have weight cut problems already (Zabit have cardio for 2 rounds, Max was in hospital before Ortega fight) but they don't have a lot of muscles like Aldo have.
10lbs makes a huge difference between BW and FW.

I believe he can make it like T.J. Dillashaw but look at Barao history and IV ban. It's not as simple as you think

We will see at the weigh-ins. I genuinely understand your concern however I think that Aldo is a professional and evaluated this carefully with his camp.
And if he makes 135 and looks decent he will be a force at 135, doubt Marlon can stop him although he's a great fighter and probably Aldo's hardest match-up at BW.

Aldo is a terrible match-up for Cejudo though, if we're being honest.

I think Aldo's gonna lose in all honesty. I like Moraes and understand the position he's in but i'd much rather see Aldo get his hand raised. I just think Moraes is a dangerous bw debut
I'm interested in the matchup. How diminished will Aldo be at 135? Hell at 145 this is an interesting fight. We saw Aldo struggle badly in his last fight against Volkanovski. But he's always dangerous and will have a steep advantage on the ground.

I'm surprised people are comparing the styles talking about Aldo's leg kicks. I think that's kind of becoming an urban legend. When was the last fight where Aldo's leg kicks played a significant role? I think he's one of the best leg kickers in the sport, but he's never been able to land them against high level strikers.

Moraes is down to ATT for this fight for a reason, he has Anderson Franca down here to help him prepare specifically for Aldo. Anderson is a savant of striking. He has trained Marlon and Edson Barboza since they were 7 years old. He's also the unknown secret behind the resurgence of Amanda Nunes (see her evolution since Anderson came in the picture).

He will have Aldo's game completely dissected. We will see if Marlon can execute.

We will see at the weigh-ins. I genuinely understand your concern however I think that Aldo is a professional and evaluated this carefully with his camp.
And if he makes 135 and looks decent he will be a force at 135, doubt Marlon can stop him although he's a great fighter and probably Aldo's hardest match-up at BW.

Aldo is a terrible match-up for Cejudo though, if we're being honest.
I have strong feeling we might have a case of Marlon>Aldo>Cejudo>Marlon

OffbeatExhaustedGharial-size_restricted.gif

upload_2019-11-20_10-4-30.jpeg

Something negative will happen weight related imo

either he misses it, can’t make it to the fight due to it, or gets ktfo and blames it

Come on now, back when I made this account Aldo was regarded as one of the biggest Featherweights. It's true that times have changed, but let's not act like his cut to BW shouldn't at least warrant some concern.

It could go well or it could end up like Thiago Alves' LW foray.

I have nothing but respect for Aldo (and most fighters). But late career weight class changes after loss(es) always seem like a troubling idea. But it’s the typical story of fighters just not being able to call it quits.

Back