Best fights to make in 2020 in each weight divisions

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
HW: Ngannou vs Cormier. No one wants to see the third fight. Stipe got knocked the fudge out in the first, and then was dominated for three rounds, came back in the fourth. The fight could go either way, but why waste the last fight of Cormier? Ngannou vs Cormier is the fight to make.
LHW: Jones vs Rumble. If Rumble can make the cut
MW: Israel vs Costa
WW: Nick vs Masvidal
LW: Khabib vs Fergusson
FW: Holloway vs Zabit
BW: Cejudo vs Aldo if Aldo looks good.

HW: You're wrong, plenty of people want to see the 2 best HWs in the world settle the score once and for all

LHW sure

MW sure

WW Nah Nick Diaz is irrelevant now

LW for sure

FW a few good options, I like Korean Zombie there too

Nick vs Masdival is a money fight. Rather see Masdival move up in competition in his weight class.

Khabib v Ferguson
Masidal v Colby (if win WW title)
McGregor v Gaethje

HW: Ngannou vs Rumble
LHW: Jones vs Reyes
MW: Izzy vs Costa
WW: Masvidal vs Nick
LW: Tony vs Khabib
FW: Max vs Zabit
BW: Cejudo vs Yan

WSW: Joanna vs Zhang

Lol cormier is so butt hurt hes stuck in this trilogy with stipe. You know he wanted another shot at jones before he retired even if he acted like he didnt.

Miocic Blaydes
Jones Adesanya
Costa Cannonier
Covington Masvidal
Khabib Ferguson
Holloway Ortega 2
Cejudo Yan
-get rid of fw-
Zhang Jedrzejczyk
Shevchenko Barber
Nunes Shevchenko 3
Nunes Cyborg 2-cross promotional bout

I really think that adesanya vs costa is the first in line now for 2020, only kabib vs tony can equal the difference of hype.

Lmao at Nick vs masvidal
Nick is old as fuck and could be considered on a 3 fight skid. But yes give him the number 3 guy in the divison.
Much better fights to make. Diaz fans need to be quiet.

HW - Ngannou vs Miocic/Cormier
LHW - Jones vs Reyes
MW - Adesanya vs Costa
WW - Nick Diaz vs Masvidal
LW - Khabib vs Ferguson

I’m not even a Masvidal fan but it’s hilarious to see how much he shook you lmfao

Masvidal>>>Askren

Cejudo VS Benavídez
Cejudo VS Cruz
Cejudo VS Holloway
Cejudo VS Khabib
Cejudo VS Usman
Cejudo VS Israel Adesanya
Cejudo VS Jon Jones
Cejudo VS Stipe

Would add the wmma matchups but don't even know what weight classes exist or who the champs are beside the lesbian Lion King or whatever.

HW: Ngannou vs Cormier. No one wants to see the third fight. Stipe got knocked the fudge out in the first, and then was dominated for three rounds, came back in the fourth. The fight could go either way, but why waste the last fight of Cormier? Ngannou vs Cormier is the fight to make.
If you make one more thread about Nick Diaz coming back, I'm going to report you for wishing bodily harm upon an ex fighter.

Lmao at Nick vs masvidal
Nick is old as fuck and could be considered on a 3 fight skid. But yes give him the number 3 guy in the divison.
Much better fights to make. Diaz fans need to be quiet.
Come on man you know that fight would be fireworks. Nick is only 36 (Mas himself is 35) and it's not like he's forgot how to fight or he's taken a shit ton of damage in the past few years. With a proper training camp and desire to fuck Mas up Nick can make that fight competitive. He's the bigger fighter and he's better than his brother. The shit talk, the build-up, why the hell not! From a business standpoint as well why the fuck throw Masvidal at Usman? He's the new cash cow no need to lead him to slaughter. Plus beating both Diaz brothers is epic in a BMF way.

Last edited:
Ferguson vs Khabib
Ferguson vs Gaethje
Ferguson vs Colin McGregor
Ferguson vs Nate Diaz
Ferguson vs Poirier
Ferguson vs Hooker
Ferguson vs Masvidal
Ferguson vs Covington
Ferguson vs Doug Lima
Ferguson vs Holloway
Ferguson vs Zabit
Ferguson vs Ortega

Question answered; send this thread into storage.

I love Aldo but Moraes is going to dismantle him.

Miocic/Ngannou vs Jones
Jones vs Reyes
Israel vs Costa
Covington vs Masvidal
Khabib vs Tony
Max vs Zabit
Cejudo vs Faber
Cejudo vs Benavidez II

Stipe - DC III
Jones - Santos II
Izzy - Costa
Covington - Masvidal
Khabib - Gaethje
Yair - Zabit
Cejudo - Cruz
Cejudo - I don't care this division

Nunes - Spencer
Val - Chookagian
Zhang - Rose

Aldo doesn't get to cut the line with one victory at BW. I'll be surprised to see him get a title shot.

I don't think Cormier has any interest in a non-title fight.

If Nick Diaz comes back to fight Masvidal, I'll watch, but I'm not sure how interesting that fight is in 2020. I'd rather see Jorge fight for the title, or fight Edwards for a shot at the title.

You must really hate Daniel Cormier if you wanna see Ngannou decapitate him before he rides off into the sunset. Cormier is 40, he's 1-1 with the HW Champ, he deserves one last shot at glory. It's not a fight that is going to set the imagination of MMA fans on fire, but saying no one wants to see it is a gross exaggeration. People would watch.

: Jones vs Rumble. If Rumble can make the cut

He could make the cut. Problem is, he might have a tough time fighting with his arms and legs amputated

5109d0a7e91c.jpg

This fight NEEDS to happen, and like Adesanya said, hopefully before USADA gets a hold of Costa.

You people seriously need to stop trying to make the Nick Diaz thing happen. The last time he won a fight Barack Obama was in the first term of his Presidency. And the guy he beat went on to lose his next 7 fights. It's just over dude. Accept it.

Agreed. Although to be fair, this fight has needed to happen for like 4 years. With all the times it has fallen apart, I'm nervous for when it gets announced again

If Max gets past Alex, which isn't the lock everyone seems to think it is, then 100% this NEEDS to happen. And if Volkanovski does lose, I hope they put him up against Ortega next.

No. Aldo is 2-3 in his last 5 and has never fought at BW in the UFC. He needs more than just one quality win before being considered for a title shot. Same goes for Frankie Edgar. The line for Bantamweight title contention starts behind Aljamain Sterling.

Back