News Derrick Lewis Vs Ilir Latifi Close To Finalizing February 8th (UFC 247)

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

Rumored card currently:
Jon Jones vs Dominick Reyes
Derrick Lewis vs Ilir Latifi

"Contracts have yet to be signed, but both sides have agreed to the matchup. The UFC has not yet announced an event or venue for the date of Feb. 8, but sources say Houston is one location under consideration."

Latifi (14-7) will be moving up to the heavyweight division for the first time in his UFC career. Latifi has a 7-5 record in the UFC's light heavyweight division, but has lost his last two against contender hopefuls Corey Anderson and Volkan Oezdemir.

<{walkerwhut}>

There should be a gigantic size discrepancy no?

Latifi fights at LHW usually. BB cuts to make 265.

Latifi lost his last 2 fights.

BB is coming off from a win. Currently ranked number 5 at heavyweight.

What the fuck is this booking? I dont get why the UFC would even offer this fight to Latifi or why BB would accept it. It does nothing for him.

And if i was a ranked HW id be seriously offended they gave a top 5 guy to someone else from another division on a losing streak

<JagsKiddingMe> What are we doing here?

Let me guess... he is an ali abdelaziz fighter? For fucks sake, there isnt a soul in this planet that could convince me Beldar doesnt have a picture of Dana having sex with Ronda.

Last edited:
Wanted Ilir to retire tbh.
Hope he hangs them up after this even though a win can land him very high in the HW rankings.

giphy.gif

That's going to be a hyper technical fight <CroCop1>

I'm excited for the potential slug-fest but the fight doesn't really makes sense.

#5 HW vs #12 LHW? I know Latiffi is "transitioning" (no homo).

BB deserves a big next fight, pref a established top 5-8 HW.

What a pointless fight. Lewis coming off a sound win over a tough, ranked Ivanov gets to fight 5ft 8in LHW Latifi coming off consecutive losses at 205lbs, making his heavyweight debut.

Also. Lewis is going to murder him - as in, this is going to end terrifyingly. Lewis being pulled off a corpse-stiff Latifi who is then out cold for a scary amount of time, twitching.

<mma4>

This fight makes no sense, I like it.

I actually can see Latifi choking out lewis as much as i love black beast

Latifi is too short for he, but Lewis is one of the least skilled guys to be in top 5 and fighting for the belt

Ilir already is a short LHW and now hes fighting at HW. He aint no Cormier

Back