Who has legit let an arm or leg snap before tapping?

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can think of some. Forest before the UFC, and that guy Aoki snapped his arm off. Mir snapped Nog I think. Who else?

Timmeh and Murr, though he didn't actually tap.

It's a tough call.

Sometimes it's way better to tap than have it snap and get a bionic arm ala Nog.

There were other times when it looked deep af and the fighter pulled out of the armbar to win the fight.

Last edited:
Meisha let Rhonda do serious work on her before it was over.

Conor was willing to lose the fight by DQ rather than tapping to the kimura Khabib put him in.

Renzo Gracie

AgXOcTaCMAAB-5o.jpg

Sandhagen didn't break his arm but that's the worst struggle and hyperextension I've seen and he didn't tap, got out and won. can't remember who it was against though...

images

Last edited:
I can think of some. Forest before the UFC, and that guy Aoki snapped his arm off. Mir snapped Nog I think. Who else?
Dan Hardy should get an honorable mention cause if GSP wasn't such a nice guy he would have let him break his arm rather than tap.

I can't imagine the pain he went through. That shit is horrible.
Having broken my arms several times in various skateboarding and reckless tree climbing accidents as a younger man I can tell you shock is a wonderful thing, it really doesn't hurt that much when it happens and by the time the shock wears off it's already in a cast and you're on painkillers so its actually relatively painless given the fact you've broken a major bone.

renzo gracie even wanted to continue fight . that was sick

Dan Hardy should get an honorable mention cause if GSP wasn't such a nice guy he would have let him break his arm rather than tap.
With two separate submission attempts I thought he was going to end his career. But Gerorgie just isnt the type of guy to permanently maim someone for life

Much as it pains me to say it, Jones looked like he suffered some serious trouble from Vitor and got out of it.

VanZant-arm.jpg

But poor Pettis had to quit because his wrists were sore.smh

Back