Barboza’s next fight. Gregor Gillespie or Iaquinta?

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
We know Felder’s petty ass is riding off into the sunset with his shitty decision as he changed his mind on a trilogy fight.

In my opinion, these make the most sense. Which would you rather see and who would you take?

He's an absolutely horrible matchup for Al, that'd be a massacre.

Damn, give Al a break, Barboza would kill him.

He's an absolutely horrible matchup for Al, that'd be a massacre.
Al is great at blocking kicks.

He actually really fucked up Hookers shin by slamming it so many times with his thigh and he did damage to Hookers hands with his Brooklyn dome.

Al is great at blocking kicks.

He actually really fucked up Hookers shin by slamming it so many times with his thigh and he did damage to Hookers hands with his Brooklyn dome.

That'd be fine if they scored fights on damage and they picked up how much damage he was doing headbutting his opponents hands.

Against Gregor it will be like vs Kevin lee/Khabib. Unless, we truly overrated Gregor and Barboza shakes him off.

I think Al would make the most sense out of the two. Gillespie just got brutally KO-ed, he should take a step down in competition, not up.

Not sure why these are the only options though. I would really like to see him vs Olivera, or perhaps a rematch with Dan Hooker.

Against Gregor it will be like vs Kevin lee/Khabib. Unless, we truly overrated Gregor and Barboza shakes him off.
Barboza shook off Khabib statistically more than any LW yet except for Gleison.

You never know I guess.

63992108-1B4D-4DFB-85FA-A52253DCECED.jpeg

I'd say that's a serious possibilty. Also, Barboza is much bigger and longer than Gillespie.

Gillespie doesn't deserve another ranked opponent. Al would be a good matchup for him, but i think Al will avoid another striker after take beatings from Cerrone and Hooker.

I think Al would make the most sense out of the two. Gillespie just got brutally KO-ed, he should take a step down in competition, not up.

Not sure why these are the only options though. I would really like to see him vs Olivera, or perhaps a rematch with Dan Hooker.
Hooker he just fucked up 11 months ago, it’s too soon.

Olivera would make sense but I guess Olivera doesn’t want that fight because they are friends.

Kevin Lee rematch makes more sense than Hooker but they wouldn’t do that. Islam is probably fighting Lee. That’s why I think probably Al?

If you think barboza shook off khabib then you probably retarded tbh. It was one of the worst beatings in ufc history.
Khabib has mauled everyone. But he stopped more takedowns than any of his last five opponents and got back to his feet every time.

That is not an opinion, he literally stopped the most takedowns and got back to his feet. He is also the only one of Khabibs last five opponents to stop the first takedown. Everyone else was taken down on the very first shot.

Khabib has mauled everyone. But he stopped more takedowns than any of his last five opponents and got back to his feet every time.

That is not an opinion, he literally stopped the most takedowns and got back to his feet. He is also the only one of Khabibs last five opponents to stop the first takedown. Everyone else was taken down on the very first shot.
Barbosa is hard to takedown he had like 89-90% tdd walking into that fight and wasn't taken down at all in 5 years prior to the khabib fight.

Anyway by shake off Gregor i meant stopping the td and winning the fight.

Barbosa is hard to takedown he had like 89-90% tdd walking into that fight and wasn't taken down at all in 5 years prior to the khabib fight.

Anyway by shake off Gregor i meant stopping the td and winning the fight.
Yeah. It would be an interesting matchup stylistically.

I will say this... Gregors striking looked really vulnerable. If Edson can stop a takedown or two and force some striking exchanges it could get ugly. I don’t think Gregor has ever had to shoot with a jellied leg before.

Hooker he just fucked up 11 months ago, it’s too soon.

Olivera would make sense but I guess Olivera doesn’t want that fight because they are friends.

Kevin Lee rematch makes more sense than Hooker but they wouldn’t do that. Islam is probably fighting Lee. That’s why I think probably Al?

Maybe, I definitely think Al should take a step down in competition (and frankly should avoid Barboza like the plague anyway).

I am all for rematches with Hooker or Felder tbh.

Well considering how Gillespie was ended by Kevin Lee by a straight forward head kick Barboza would not be my pick for Gregor...

400d7b1ad179ce043cb3b2fdbd136059.gif

If you think barboza shook off khabib then you probably retarded tbh. It was one of the worst beatings in ufc history.

LOL, no. Not even Top 50. Khabib couldn't finish him. Kevin Lee did though!

Dude is correct, Khabib was like 4 of 12 on takedown attempts against Edson.

Imaging hanging so hard to somebody's nuts.....

Back