Could you have beaten CM Punk?

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
everyone wants to hate on the man but the reality is my boy Philip Brooks would've bodied 90% of you

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

OnLX.gif

I’d feel terrible about what I’d do to him.

My kindergarten age son might be a good challenge for him.

It's funny that a fake fighter thought he was a real fighter

Isnt he a blue belt in bjj? That means he could choke out 95% of sherbros.

Isnt he a blue belt in bjj? That means he could choke out 95% of sherbros.
He coudn't wrap his tiny hands around the muscular necks of most sherdoggers, just not enough grip there. It would be a slaughter.

Why was this moved to the lw? Meanwhile we got tyson fury and wilder threads on ufc forum.

He did train in this sport and I suspect that the vast majority on this site, myself very much included, either a) haven't actually trained any martial arts or b) learned just enough for selfdefense.

I wouldn't stand a chance and neither would most people posting here.

there is no scenario where i don't smash his head in

9fjx6d82pj311.gif

If we stayed on the feet I'd starch him. The real test would be dealing with the slothguard and hammer fists to the midsection.

i disagree. a lot of fans have trained and made more progress then he did in the time frame he had. his preparation looked bad. they couldn't get him to win a gym fight. all around to me he looked like one of those guys that comes into jiujitsu gyms whos old and ends up being a blue belt for like 10 years but when you roll with him he sucks even when you are a while belt. that is what cm punked looked like in his movement and his grappling. He has improved since. And this isn't to bash him. he just progressed in jiujitsu and mma training like the average older guy does so often at gyms. there was no convincing footage that he had made any real progress in his training. i do respect his decision and determination though. i would have done the same in his shoes if thats what i wanted. an opportunity like that is insane there is no real pressure. he ate shit for it and became a meme but whatever. hes back to the wrestling world now anyway. . never hurts to give something great a shot.

He did train in this sport and I suspect that the vast majority on this site, myself very much included, either a) haven't actually trained any martial arts or b) learned just enough for selfdefense.

Sounds funny but why would people have an opinion on something they have no education/training in? I assume most posters have some training.

Sounds funny but why would people have an opinion on something they have no education/training in?

People who never governed have opinions about politics. Many people who never coached a football-team sure like to speak up on Monday-morning. I work in a psychiatric institution and regularly hear peoples unqualified opinions on oligophrenia, my field. Even people who have trained MMA have no training in other aspects of a UFC-fighters jobs such as their actions on media-days and those topics are discussed here as well. In every culture I've been in, there have been people voicing their opinions on subjects they have no education or training in. I think it may be a universal human trait, and probably a healthy one at that as speculating and imagining is vital to empathy.

Edit: What little bit of selfdefense I've actually learned has come to good use in my job. Loads of people with martial arts training have opinions on the use of force with dangerous patients, which is often valuable for me to listen to, but a good example of people speaking about something they have neither education or training in nor experience with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back