Remember when Dana said he met Fedor and his managment on a random island

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...chased-fedor-for-years-but-he-always-got-away

This articles states that Dana and Lorezno met with Vadim, but Fedor has famously stated that this was all bullshit and that he never spoke to Dana or anyone from the UFC personally.

It was rumored that the offer was so bad from the UFC, that one of the financial backers of M-1 Global Matviyenko jumped up and laughed after being silent during the negotiations.

Mock Conversation:
Dana: How about 100/100 and it will go up to 250/250 if you win the title.

Fedor: I made 3 million flat in Affliction.

Dana: Aw affliction, where the competition is easier. How about 300/300

Fedor: I am just trying to enjoy my vacation.

Last edited:
Imagine a world in which the baddest man on the planet is chided for not caving into the demands of a notoriously frugal promoter, whereby his likeness rights and other career benefits are relinquished.

Dana fucked up big time in not being able to arrange a deal because he had no idea on how to deal with Russians.

Should have called Trump in for the job.

In hindsight Fedor did well for himself outside of the UFC and managed to fight top competition BUT I feel like going to the UFC and whooping Handy would have really cemented his legacy. I'm not mad that he didnt because Dana and the UFC lowballed him and disrespected him multiple times. By the time they really committed to signing him on his terms he was old and past it and coming to the UFC wouldnt even a be a proper representation of how special he was. It would have been cool if they could have reached a deal.

As soon as negotiations failed Dana went around doing interviews calling Fedor a can crusher. He even carried a piece of paper with Fedor's record on it so that he could accurately recall his opponents. Forgetting the fact that Fedor is like 8 or 9 and 0 against UFC heavyweight Champs.

I get why Dana didn't want to co-promote with M1 and pay Vadim but he ended up looking like a petulant little beta who got rejected by a girl.

It is obvious to anyone who isn't a die hard UFC shill that Dana tried to lowball Fedor.

Also made up a bunch of shit about how negotiations went.

Imagine a world in which the baddest man on the planet is chided for not caving into the demands of a notoriously frugal promoter, whereby his likeness rights and other career benefits are relinquished.

Dana fucked up big time in not being able to arrange a deal because he had no idea on how to deal with Russians.

Should have called Trump in for the job.

New fans should be forced to read this post before being allowed to post.

M1 didn't sign with UFC because they weren't willing to fix fights for fedor to win, or coddle and protect fedor's record

But Bellator was

InfiniteUnconsciousHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

Dana lowballed Fedor, and threw dirt on his name. The negotiations were just as much aboutmoney. As they were about Dana's ego

If he allowed Fedor to go down his snow driveway, he would of been in the UFC a long time ago. Guaranteed
snow.jpg

Fedor has never met Dana

But Dana did try to negotiate with that cockroach Vadim Finkelstein, and we all know how that ended up.

Finkelstein has a bad reputation of making MMA orgs go bankrupt.

As soon as negotiations failed Dana went around doing interviews calling Fedor a can crusher. He even carried a piece of paper with Fedor's record on it so that he could accurately recall his opponents. Forgetting the fact that Fedor is like 8 or 9 and 0 against UFC heavyweight Champs.

I get why Dana didn't want to co-promote with M1 and pay Vadim but he ended up looking like a petulant little beta who got rejected by a girl.

Dana was adamant he'd never co-promote again after the Chuck/Pride fiasco and I'm sure his demands were reflective of this anger.

As a guy who could have made it happen, Dana should have eaten the up front profit split of 50/50 or whatever Vadim was wanting. The sheer exposure and culmination of the world's premier MMA organization and the world's greatest HW coming together would have ensured everybody was walking away with a tidy sum. Shame.

Last edited:
Dana was adament he'd never co-promote again after the Chuck/Pride fiasco and I'm sure his demands were reflective of this anger.

As a guy who could have made it happen, Dana should have eaten the up front profit split of 50/50 or whatever Vadim was wanting. The sheer exposure and culmination of the world's premier MMA organization and the world's greatest HW coming together would have ensured everybody was walking away with a tidy sum. Shame.

It's more than that. If 1.5 million people bought fedor vs lesnar for 60 dollars, you're giving away 30 to 45 mil away to M1 Global, who is pretty much a competing MMA organization. From a business perspective, it's literally the dumbest decision you can make.

Why the heck would UFC co promote with an organization with no name? For a single fighter? As fedor tapped out to werdum in 90 seconds months later, the co-promotion was clearly not worth it on UFC's end. Fedor was better off coming to the UFC and losing there than in strikeforce.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Fedor's management team thought that Fedor was worth more than he actually was and Dana thought Fedor was worth less than he actually was. I wouldn't just blame Dana here. It's just two big egos clashed and no deal was the result.

M1 didn't sign with UFC because they weren't willing to fix fights for fedor to win, or coddle and protect fedor's record

But Bellator was

InfiniteUnconsciousHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

Right, because the UFC apparently does not fix fights with Chael:

giphy.gif

Lmao.

Back