GSP: Haters Gonna Hate

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Blanket you say? Boring?

Maybe not the most spectacular and exciting fighter of all time, and granted he played it more safe
after his loss to Serra...BUT, give me one fight post Serra KO where he was "laying and praying"?

You won't, because you can't. The LNP is a myth brought on by haters.

Any time GSP was on the ground, he was throwing shots and elbows or trying for a sub. Video and stats
don't lie.

GSP = 2.79 rounds per fight
28 fights [13 finished]
78 rounds
Most strikes in WW division 1313
Most strikes in UFC in least amount of fights 1313 / 22 = ~ 60/fight avg

All decisions were unanimous, except Hendriks where Jonny tapped in the first round.

Don't tell me that the fight would not have been stopped if the ref was in position to see the tap.
Haters gonna hate. Jonny tapped. Epstein didn't kill himself. Jonny lost twice in one night.

Last edited:
dt_170111_cherry_picking_800x600.jpg

Blanket you say? Boring?

Maybe not the most spectacular and exciting fighter of all time, and granted he played it more safe
after his loss to Serra...BUT, give me one fight post Serra KO where he was "laying and praying"?

Any time GSP was on the ground, he was throwing shots and elbows or trying for a sub. Video and stats
don't lie.

GSP = 2.79 rounds per fight
28 fights [13 finished]
78 rounds
Most strikes in WW division 1313
Most strikes in UFC in least amount of fights 1313 / 22 = ~ 60/fight avg

All decisions were unanimous, except Hendriks where Jonny tapped in the first round.

Don't tell me that the fight would not have been stopped if the ref was in position to see the tap.
Haters gonna hate. Jonny tapped. Epstein didn't kill himself. Jonny lost twice in one night.

It’s cold outside in Canada eh?

It’s gonna be 2146 and GSP fans will still be in here like “this 30 second knockout loss to the great great niece of Anderson Silva proves he’s the GOAT!!!”

We get it, move on with your lives.

COnor mcdavid was never my friend

I'm glad you're here to squash the lies. The GSP hate around here is overwhelming and practically no one recognizes his greatness

/sarcasm

Last edited:
Hendricks vs. GSP is a historically intriguing fight. I remember thinking that Johny, as good as he was, was just going to be another guy who GSP stifled in the grappling and picked apart on the feet. Stylistically, I didn't see him as bringing much more than Kos brought to the table (and granted Kos did better than some). Meanwhile, Hendricks has the performance of a career and gave GSP a lot of problems. It marked the end of GSP's career as a full-time MMArtist (something I don't think any of us would have predicted going in). And it may have been the highest point of Hendricks' career, even though he would go on to win the title against Lawler a few months later.

It's also a cool fight to assess from a judging perspective. I don't think there are any easy answers in that one. Round 1 is razor close. Round 2 is clear Hendricks. Round 3 is clear GSP. Round 4 clear Hendricks. Round 5 clear GSP. It really does boil down to who you think won the first round.

I'm glad you're here to squash the lies. The GSP hate around here is overwhelming and practically no one recognizes his greatness
Its just the way it is. Greats always have detractors. People shit all over Silva and Fedor too. You just can't please everyone.

Georges St-Pierre, together with Jon Jones and Khabib Nurmagomedov is the only UFC-champion* who has beat every opponent he has stepped in the cage against.
*(who has defended his belt at least once)

Let's compare the competition Georges St-Pierre has faced against the one of Jon Jones and Anderson Silva:

Combined records*² of the UFC opponents of Georges St-Pierre, Jon Jones and Anderson Silva, at they time they've been beaten by the aforementioned:

Anderson Silva: 245 wins, 66 losses

Jon Jones: 317 wins, 71 losses

Georges St-Pierre: 341 wins, 59 losses.

*²(This is excluding all wins against opponents they've already won against.)

On top of that, let's add some statistics from GSP:

All-time stats amongst all weightclasses:
  • most takedowns landed
  • 3rd highest takedown accuracy
  • 9th most significant strikes landed
  • most total strikes landed
  • 2nd best significant striking defense of all time
All-time stats amongst welterweights:
  • most significant strikes landed
  • 6th highest significant strike accuracy
  • 2nd highest strike differential
  • best significant striking defense
  • 4th least significant strikes absorbed per minute
  • most takedowns landed
  • 2nd best takedown accuracy
  • 6th best takedown defense

Last edited:
I never understood those who say he was boring. He had so many fun fights IMO, including:

Hughes 1,2,3
BJ 1 & 2
Serra 1 & 2
Fitch
Trigg
Bisping
Hieron
Sherk
Condit

The guy was just plain dominant and demands to be in the GOAT discussion.

Let's compare the competition Georges St-Pierre has faced against the one of Jon Jones and Anderson Silva:

Combined records of the UFC opponents of Georges St-Pierre, Jon Jones and Anderson Silva, at they time they've been beaten by the aforementioned:

Anderson Silva: 245 wins, 66 losses

Jon Jones: 317 wins, 71 losses

Georges St-Pierre: 348 wins, 61 losses.

(This is excluding all wins against opponentsthey've already won against.)

On top of that, let's add some statistics from GSP:

All-time stats amongst all weightclasses:
  • most takedowns landed
  • 3rd highest takedown accuracy
  • 9th most significant strikes landed
  • 2nd best significant striking defense of all time
All-time stats amongst welterweights:
  • most significant strikes landed
  • 6th highest significant strike accuracy
  • 2nd highest strike differential
  • best significant striking defense
  • 4th least significant strikes absorbed per minute
  • most takedowns landed
  • 2nd best takedown accuracy
  • 6th best takedown defense
Still nobody who the fook that guy is

Hendricks wooped his ass amd ritired him

Silva GOAT aura bless

Still nobody who the fook that guy is

Hendricks wooped his ass amd ritired him

Silva GOAT aura bless
What are you trying to say with the first sentence?
Last time i've checked, St-Pierre won a split decision against Johny Hendricks.
In contrast to some other posters on here, i am however not going to excuse close fights or losses for him being out of his prime.

Johny Hendricks retired GSP at age 32
Ran away during his prime once he felt the evolution of the division heating up.

he knew the days of one dimensional contenders was over

I was being sarcastic. Everyone has GSP in their top 3 GOAT.
I'm glad you were. I see people shitting on him all the time. They practically cummed over Hendricks putting up a good fight.
yeah see above.

Back