Israel Adesanya Not Interested in Boxing

Is his boxing good enough to have a successful boxing career?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“This is where I’m going to end my career,” Adesanya said. “It’s silly. Why would I come to the proving ground of all fighting — the UFC — and then afterward, fight a guy and take away like 80 percent of my weapons. I just want to kick people.

“I want to strangle someone. I can’t do that in boxing. I don’t want to get into the clinch and then okay, break. Same thing with kickboxing, same thing with jiu-jitsu, same thing with judo, same thing with wrestling; they’re all limited styles of fighting.”

“Everyone throws that greatest fighter, pound-for-pound, is Canelo [Alvarez],” Adesanya said. “He’s the pound-for-pound — maybe — greatest boxer right now. Not fighter. You have to test yourself against another style.

“People say, ‘Oh, after UFC, you can go to boxing and have one super fight maybe with Canelo and make a hundred million’. . . . I can do that in the UFC. I might be the first fighter to do that in the UFC.”

- Ebro In The Morning

He'd get killed in boxing, he's far better off with mma or K-1

Last edited:
I don’t like this guy, but a UFC fighter not trying to get a boxing match is quite refreshing.

100 million in the UFC??
giphy.gif

People only switch sports for the money anyway, Conor didn't fight Floyd because he wanted to challenge himself.

Hes not the right body type for it, not every striker has the right tool set to cross over.

I mean Kimbo went 7-0 so Adesanya could easily grab 20-30 wins if fed bums.

Funny thing is, Adesanya is probably a better boxer than all the UFC guys who called out a boxing champ.

He would get flat lined by guys 20 lbs lighter than him. Conrat is a far better pure boxer and he got flat lined by no power 50 years old brittle floyd.

Fresh conrat boxing > Adesanya

Adesanya would get killed inside 2-3 rounds.

Hes not the right body type for it, not every striker has the right tool set to cross over.

I mean Kimbo went 7-0 so Adesanya could easily grab 20-30 wins if fed bums.
He is 5-1 in pro boxing.

Funny thing is, Adesanya is probably a better boxer than all the UFC guys who called out a boxing champ.
Conrat is a far better pure boxer than him. Dude went to war with gastelum 50 years old anderson.

Conrat is by far the best MMA boxer of all time even with the Khabib knockdown.

He is 5-1 in pro boxing.

Well there you go, like i said hes not really built for it, hes a rangey k1 fighter.

If he was fed bums like Kimbo was he could go 100-0

He is too old for boxing.

At the end of the day .. i dont care.

He's go horrible defence and non-existent footwork and relies far too much on being quick enough to dodge shots.

Masvidal, Nate, Aldo, Kelvn, Stipe all have better boxing (in regards to mma).

Considering what Gastelum as able to do to him, it's a good idea for him to avoid boxing.

Considering what Gastelum as able to do to him, it's a good idea for him to avoid boxing.

but but but Bobby Knuckles is the TEH BEST BOXER IN MMA

...said Sherdog.

Its very different clipping a guy when you have the threat of taking the guy down, see Conor v Khabib.

this being said, Izzy would not be a top boxer.

Its easy to say "i wont do this and that", because he knows that no one wants to fight him (boxer).

Back