The english language and mma

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How important it is to know english if you are a foreigner to promote yourself in the ufc? Do you guys really think is essential, Or not knowing english can give the fighter a mysterious vibe that sells just as well? What's your opinion on this subject

Stipe Miocic is popular and he doesn't speak English.

Anderson Silva didn't speak english for years. Same with Fedor who still doesn't speak english.

So I think this answers your thread.

If Aldo story tell us anything is that you're not going anywhere if you don't get a good grasp on english.
And people will shit on you even if you can talk, but doesn't sound natural.

But then it's a bit like the rest of the world unless you're french, in that case you have it reversed.

Nate barely speaks English, but he's pretty popular.

tumblr_la1lriChY91qzduoq.gif

If Aldo story tell us anything is that you're not going anywhere if you don't get a good grasp on english.
And people will shit on you even if you can talk, but doesn't sound natural.

But then it's a bit like the rest of the world unless you're french, in that case you have it reversed.
I actually think that a broken accent is sometimes good because it becomes meme material, i really do belive that big part of the popularity of khabib and gsp comes from their broken english ( although in gsp case is more only the accent his english is good )

I actually think that a broken accent is sometimes good because it becomes meme material, i really do belive that big part of the popularity of khabib and gsp comes from their broken english ( although in gsp case is more only the accent his english is good )

Facts!

This it not number 1 bullshit.

Very important imo. Makes it much easier to talk to the media. Easier to promote. A little accent helps as well. Yoel, Khabib, GSP like.

The people mentioned were big stars in MMA, but not with the general public in the US.

How many PPV buys did Fedor do? He got paid a pittance in reality.

Honestly can't say how big a difference it might have made, but when you fight for an American promotion for years, you should learn English. Same for an organization in another country. Didn't those guys learn Japanese back in the day?

"Naw iz timi to warr
I cant talke two muche,
No... I cant talke...

Ryan Gracie iz chiken...
Evrybodi knowz I beat him in 15 sec.
He iz chiken..."

Wallid (2).gif

Anderson Silva didn't speak english for years. Same with Fedor who still doesn't speak english.

So I think this answers your thread.

exactly. Neither one of them gained any popularity in the States.

The people mentioned were big stars in MMA, but not with the general public in the US.

How many PPV buys did Fedor do? He got paid a pittance in reality.

Honestly can't say how big a difference it might have made, but when you fight for an American promotion for years, you should learn English. Same for an organization in another country. Didn't those guys learn Japanese back in the day?
Lol i dont belive so, japanese is like a word harder then english

Back