What kind of weirdo rankings are these at featherweight? *edit: by popular demand

J

Jpenwell14

This post is in reference to the sherdog rankings.

Aldo, edgar, and mendes are gone period. Should not be ranked.

Pitbull should've been on the rankings as soon as he beat chandler for the lightweight belt. He can and will fight at both weights. No question in my mind.

Zabit ranked over yair? I'm sorry but no. Yair beat the breaks off of jeremy Stephens their one common opponent and also stopped the Korean zombie

Jeremy Stephens should not be discussed in any top 10 list. Pretty sure he's a .500 fighter or sub .500 fighter all time in the ufc.

Moicano again? No his only reasonable win was against kattar. Kattar is out too. Absolutely not to shane burgos.

How about undefeated aj mckee? Undefeated adam borics? Where is Bibiano Fernandes (or if you prefer allowing one fc weight Martin Nguyen)?

1. Max
2. Volkanovski
3. Ortega
4. Pitbull
5. Yair
6. Zombie
7. Zabit
8. Josh Emmett
9. AJ Mckee
10. Adam Borics

Screenshot_20191113-094212_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20191113-094512_Chrome.jpg

Edit: so these rankings are not subjective like sherdog or other site rankings. I don't fully agree with these either but these are also worth mentioning in reference.

I don't agree with lance palmer despite his streak because of his losses. When you face someone of some name value you must win or avenge a loss imo.

Of note bibiano Fernandes, and also mote importantly aj mckee whom i named in my own rankings just 5 points away from Jeremy Stephens, fighting in the second round of the bellator featherweight grand prix in a month, will be ranked top 10 with the disappearance of aldo and edgar and a victory. As well pitbull is ranked top 5.

Due to much dispute by posters in this thread i put josh Emmett in bibiano Fernandes place. I do not have any intention of ranking Jeremy Stephens as a top 10 featherweight with the beatdown he suffered at the hands of yair and his inability to connect meaningfully against zabit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve not heard of most of the guys you’re recommending

Stephens and Emmett both belong in the Top 10.

Ranking people from different organizations is just random guesswork because they're all fighting completely different competition.

Aldo, edgar, and mendes are gone period.

Pitbull should've been on the rankings as soon as he beat chandler for the lightweight belt. He can and will fight at both weights. No question in my mind.

Zabit ranked over yair? I'm sorry but no. Yair beat the breaks off of jeremy Stephens their one common opponent and also stopped the Korean zombie

Jeremy Stephens should not be discussed in any top 10 list. Pretty he's a .500 fighter or sub .500 fighter all time in the ufc.

Moicano again? No his only reasonable win was against kattar. Kattar is out too. Absolutely not to shane burgos. Josh Emmett out.

How about undefeated aj mckee? Undefeated adam borics?Where is Bibiano Fernandes (or if you prefer allowing one fc weight Martin Nguyen)?

1. Max
2. Volkanovski
3. Ortega
4. Pitbull
5. Yair
6. Zombie
7. Zabit
8. Bibiano Fernandes
9. AJ Mckee
10. Adam Borics
are you complaining about a ufc specific ranking?
and suggesting non-ufc fighters be put on it?
are you also slow in the brain?

Ranking people from different organizations is just random guesswork because they're all fighting completely different competition.

Sorry but bellator featherweight is legitimate and i hate bellator with a passion. And bibiano Fernandes has been a constantly ranked fighter for many many many years

are you complaining about a ufc specific ranking?
and suggesting non-ufc fighters be put on it?
are you also slow in the brain?

I'm complaining about the sherdog rankings. Why is it people go straight for insults on this forum? Grow up

Rankings are imprecise, and there's a lot of area where reasonable people can disagree.

Although if you want to rank Bibiano Fernandes or Martin Nguyen at featherweight, you're a moron.

Lol at your rankings. You say Stephens and Emmett don’t deserve to be in the top 10 but McKee and Borics do?

Pat Curran is the best win McKee and Borics have and he’s a significant step below both Stephens and Emmett.

Also when was the last time Bibiano fought at Featherweight?

Lol at your rankings. You say Stephens and Emmett don’t deserve to be in the top 10 but McKee and Borics do?

Pat Curran is the best win McKee and Borics have and he’s a significant step below both Stephens and Emmett.

Also when was the last time Bibiano fought at Featherweight?

Pat curran is a beast dude. That whole featherweight division is stacked

I’ve not heard of most of the guys you’re recommending
Fernandes is the One Bantamweight Champ (hasn't fought at 145 in nearly a decade)and also 39. Pitbull is in Bellator, not sure what promotion Mckee and Borics are in.

Rankings are imprecise, and there's a lot of area where reasonable people can disagree.

Although if you want to rank Bibiano Fernandes or Martin Nguyen at featherweight, you're a moron.

Gonna have to disagree with you. Nguyen might be a stretch. But Fernandes by virtue of his long standing record and skill set deserves his recognition.

I don't know how you can realistically expect to slot in fighters from different organizations when there is pretty much no cross-over opponents to gauge a bit of MMAth off of. That's why the rankings are always super biased towards the UFC, because they have the largest stable of talent to get some relative rankings from.

Bibiano Fernandes has fought the same guy 4 times in the last 4 years? This is not a good way to get a gauge of his skills

Back