The Rock vs. The Nate

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
During the UFC 244 post-fight presser, Nate Diaz wasn’t too pleased with Dwayne Johnson, who placed the ‘BMF’ title around Jorge Masvidal’s waist. Diaz’s gripe with “The Rock” was the latter’s supposed bias towards “Gamebred.”

“F— him! I mean, The Rock’s cool. I like Ballers. But he picked the wrong side. He’s on that side; f—k him. I’m on the West Coast side. Mike Tyson should have been here anyway. He’s the baddest man on the planet, right? He should have been the one over here (handing over the belt).

“I’m over here hurting on The Rock, huh?” Diaz said with a laugh. “You guys caught me under a bad time. The Rock’s cool. I like The Rock. I like Ballers. But he picked the wrong side, so he can get it, too. He can get his ass whooped, too.”

On Monday’s episode of the Ariel Helwani MMA Show, Johnson responded to Diaz’s presser comments, which he says wasn’t a surprise to him.

“He is as advertised. Nate: he gets it,” he said (transcript by MMA Mania). “He knows that me and Jorge were boys (we’re from Miami). We have a lot of deep connections down there. A lot of the fighters we know, a lot of the coaches and trainers that we know, a lot of the gyms that we’ve been to down there. So there’s a connection. So, no, I was totally fine with it.”

Despite his admission of siding with Masvidal, “The Rock” maintains he tried to be impartial during the promotion of the fight.

“[When] I went into the fight, I wanted to be as neutral as possible when I was promoting it. Because as we’re leading up to it and selling it on pay-per-view, I didn’t want to come out and say, ‘Jorge is my boy and he’s gonna win.’ No, I just wanted to be neutral and I thought that was the best, smartest, strategic play to get as many new eyes on this fight as possible and again help impact in my own little way the bottom line.

“From what I’m told, since UFC’s transition it was the biggest fight they’ve ever had second to Conor and Khabib, which is quite an amazing accomplishment. I’m very proud for both those guys.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/11...iaz-he-knows-masvidal-and-i-are-boys-mma-news

Last edited:
Would love to see it happen.

The Rock would gas out on the walkout to the octagon.

Nate would tee off on him.

The Rock ducked Vin Diesel....

Nate is usually helpless when a big wrestler sits on him

USADA might be an issue
rock-1441782756-800.png

Rock by KO via People's Elbow. It'll be a late finish too to build up more excitement.

The Rock handled that pretty well. Top tier PR team. There’s a reason he’s the top actor in Hollywood at the moment.

The Rock handled that pretty well. Top tier PR team. There’s a reason he’s the top actor in Hollywood at the moment.
That's the thing.
He doesn't need to fight. He's got too much natural charisma.
A lot of these fighters are where they are because fighting's all they're good at, well most of them. 95% of them struggle to make it famous any other way and struggle to hold down a normal job because of their attitudes and egos.
Why get your hands dirty when you can act for a living? I know what I'd choose.

Define "top actor in Hollywood" are we talking money? Fair. The best actor for me is DiCaprio or Phoenix though, obviously Rock doesn't get a sniff if we're talking acting talent.

Define "top actor in Hollywood" are we talking money? Fair. The best actor for me is DiCaprio or Phoenix though, obviously Rock doesn't get a sniff if we're talking acting talent.

money

Oh what you didn’t think Dwayne deserved the Oscar for Rampage? Pshh

That's usually the benchmark. Pretty sure it starts at $20 mil to get the guy in a movie. One of the biggest draws at the box office. Metrics that can be measured, "talent" is subjective. Not many people can make ~$100m a year acting. Not enough roles (even for guys like Leo).

USADA might be an issue
rock-1441782756-800.png

The obvious nip surgery and terrible ab genetics always makes me lol.

Those parents taking their kids to watch his family friendly movies all believe roidheads are scum of the earth.

The obvious nip surgery and terrible ab genetics always makes me lol.

Those parents taking their kids to watch his family friendly movies all believe roidheads are scum of the earth.
He tore his groin muscles in a wrestling match

Back