Nick Diaz In Ariel's Interview, High/Drunk or Punch Drunk?

Nick Diaz In Ariel's Interview, High/Drunk or Punch Drunk?

• Total voters

BrianC18t

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
It was painful but during my lunch time run today I made it through Ariel's interview of Nick Diaz (the one that aired on his podcast on Monday).

Nick was one of my favorite fighters when I first starting watching MMA back in 07. I used to rent old DVD's an watch some of his older stuff too... lets just say I am a fan.

That being said, when I listened to his interview, like many have said on here already, he sounded horrible! Anyone that knows much about Nick knows he was never the most comfortable person socially nor was he the most eloquent person ever but he was notably off during this interview. Honestly it almost sounded different enough it didn't even sound like him.

As I was listening, I kept thinking..... is he really high, is he drunk, is he high and drunk, or is he punch drunk. I kept going back and forth between the different combinations and couldn't put my finger on it. He hasn't fought in years (except the street fights he brought up) so he hasn't been taking more damage but maybe he had enough in his younger years and it is catching up with him now. I also keep hearing he is doing more than his share of partying which for sure could be the issue.

I am leaning towards thinking he was high during the interview but what do you guys think? I hope this isn't the beginning of a sad decline. <209Bitch>

Edit, here is the interview.... he really aged a lot recently too.... just looked not good :(:

Last edited:
More likely that he's high on a pill / drunk

I've heard him speak over the last few years, he's sounded fine

This kinda reminds me more of when Chuck went on good morning America a on a bunch of pills

A little bit of everything + some intangibles we're probably not even able to imagine, on account of not being Nick Diaz.

A little bit of diz, a little bit of dat

Nick probably got loaded on purpose before the interview. Then him and his bros watched the clip later and laughed about it.

I don't think Nick gives a shit what people think.

I think he was drunk. Listen to this interview with Nick from just 2 years ago and note the difference.

It was painful but during lunch time run today I made it through Ariel's interview of Nick Diaz (the one that aired on his podcast on Monday).

Nick was one of my favorite fighters when I first starting watching MMA back in 07. I used to rent old DVD's an watch some of his older stuff too... lets just say I am a fan.

That being said, when I listened to his interview, like many have said on here already, he sounded horrible! Anyone that knows much about Nick knows he was never the most comfortable person socially nor was he the most eloquent person ever but he was notifiable off during this interview. Honestly it almost sounded different enough it didn't even sound like him.

As I was listening, I kept thinking..... is he really high, is he drunk, is he high and drunk, or is he punch drunk. I kept going back and forth between the different combinations and couldn't put my finger on it. He hasn't fought in years (except the street fights he brought up) so he hasn't been taking more damage but maybe he had enough in his younger years and it is catching up with him now. I also keep hearing he is doing more than his share of partying which for sure could be the issue.

I am leaning towards thinking he was high during the interview but what do you guys think? I hope this isn't the beginning of a sad decline. <209Bitch>

Thank you sherbro for being a mature and rational person who actually looks at this objectively.

Nick was never a really well spoken person. but in a 2016 interview he still had his wits about him, that was only 2 years ago. I would say it is most likely alcohol but liquor doesn't decline your mental health that quickly. And if anything weed calms you and can make you more articulate with your vocabulary.

To be honest I'm thinking it maybe drug abuse in a different form. Quite possibly pills. With the recent surge in fentanyl abuse it would be my best guess as to what is happening here. A mixture of all these would cause behavior like that even if he was sober for the interview.

Ariel is true scum to release something like this knowing the backlash ot would bring. I didn't have much respect for him as a journalist before, but now I completely have none.

Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (A.D.D.) as well. He literally has 100% of the signs.

He seems without a doubt drunk. It's not only his speech, but some of the mannerisms. The weird fist bump with Ariel.

I think he was drunk. Listen to this interview with Nick from just 2 years ago and note the difference.

Wow, that is a BIG difference. Really doesn't sound like the same person.

Here is the new one from Monday:

Thank you sherbro for being a mature and rational person who actually looks at this objectively.

Nick was never a really well spoken person. but in a 2016 interview he still had his wits about him, that was only 2 years ago. I would say it is most likely alcohol but liquor doesn't decline your mental health that quickly. And if anything weed calms you and can make you more articulate with your vocabulary.

To be honest I'm thinking it maybe drug abuse in a different form. Quite possibly pills. With the recent surge in fentanyl abuse it would be my best guess as to what is happening here. A mixture of all these would cause behavior like that even if he was sober for the interview.

Ariel is true scum to release something like this knowing the backlash ot would bring. I didn't have much respect for him as a journalist before, but now I completely have none.
I humbly disagree unless it seemed as if Ariel was conducting the interview in such a way as to highlight whatever issue he was having (haven't watched the entire thing). Ariel has to provide content that people want to see to put food on his own table. Nick had ample notice of when the interview was. Nick chose to show up and had something he wanted to say. If he showed up loaded, its on him. Even if its CTE, its still something that shouldn't be hidden IMO.

He definitely had something to drink before that interview. Probably smoked some weed too and popped a xanax or something.

Sounded like he was popping pills and/or drunk

Nick probably got loaded on purpose before the interview. Then him and his bros watched the clip later and laughed about it.

I don't think Nick gives a shit what people think.

If he didn’t care, he wouldn’t show anxiety during interviews.

Probably on something, but wouldnt expect much different if sober.

I humbly disagree unless it seemed as if Ariel was conducting the interview in such a way as to highlight whatever issue he was having (haven't watched the entire thing). Ariel has to provide content that people want to see to put food on his own table. Nick had ample notice of when the interview was. Nick chose to show up and had something he wanted to say. If he showed up loaded, its on him. Even if its CTE, its still something that shouldn't be hidden IMO.

Respect to you my sherbro bro. We all make Choices and should be held accountable. It had crossed my mind that the interview was edited in a way to make nick look bad.

Back