Rose Namajunas is back

oldschoolmmafan

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very emotional interview from Rose...

A revitalized Rose Namajunas seems to have regained her passion for fighting. Following her brutal knockout loss to Jessica Andrade, the former champion took a trip to Minnesota to get back in touch with her fighting roots...

"I'll fight again," Namajunas said during an appearance on Ariel Helwani's MMA Show. "It's kind of one of those things where you get a little emotional. But it's just like I lost the passion for martial arts and fighting -- mainly for fighting. But I found my passion again. I went mack to Minnesota to see one of my former coaches from earlier on in my amateur career, Greg Nelson. He's just an inspiration for me. Sorry, I'm getting all teared up right now. It's been tough."

"Like, I think the reason I wanted to retire is this isn't a job where you can go in half assed and not be fully passionate about what you're doing," Namajuas told Helwani. "There's been times I've not been totally confident in myself going into a fight and I pull it off or get through it or just push through it and then with injuries or being sick. This last time was extra scary because of what could have happened to me just pushing through something when you're not 100 percent. I think that's why.

Because I wasn't sure if I was really 100 percent into it. Of course, fighting is all I know, it's what I've been doing since I was a little kid. So it's hard to think of doing anything else. At the same time, I don't know, I just lost the passion for martial arts. I think I found it again just going back to Minnesota to reconnect with somebody like Greg Nelson who is like, the most realest martial artist in the game and just getting that passion reignited."

Love Rose, hope she can get that belt back and stay focused.

Last edited:
Thug roooooose

<DCWhoa>

Yay!,
giphy.gif

Really happy for her and i can't wait for her to step back into the octagon.

Who cares. She took like 2 years off a win, now like another off a loss. If she loses again we'll be hearing about Thug Rose' comeback in 2026, right before her 4th fight with PVZ's tits.

Rose is both the most inadapted personality to ever fight in a cage and one of the most talented to ever fight in cage.

She moved like a female Zabit up until the slam. Andrade got luckyyyyyyy

Interesting to see where her head is

Has all the ability in the world but that ko and he reaction to it couldn’t even been good for her already extremely fragile mental state

Not a fan of WMMA but I do enjoy me some Thug Rose. Her footwork and ability to control distance is a lot better than most of the guys on the roster.

She might be the most talented WMMA fighter on the planet, but her mind is her worst enemy. If she's that miserable and stressed out by fighting she should call it quits.

I like her and always root for her, but she should stay retired.

Back