Let's Be Honest About Conor vs Gaethje Here.

BoD 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Conor is probably the worst matchup for Justin, in the Lightweight Division.

If Conor is even 75% of what he was in the Alvarez fight, he is going to eat Justin alive.

Justin is the most landed on fighter in the UFC, and Conor is one of the most accurate strikers in the UFC.

Anybody hoping to see Conor get his little perverted and abusive ass kicked, don't hope for this fight to be made.

Conor wins this one by 1st or 2nd Round Stoppage 10/10 Times.

A2AC67BBB5249CFF155E4C81E3141B0CBB05C2CC

Conor would beat the shit out of Gaetje or Tony too, he is just a bad matchup for them.

Justin can also take a punch from legit lightweights and has much better cardio and wrestling if he decides to use it. If he can survive early he'd probably knock Conor out.

If we're really being realistic Conor at his peak was about Nate Diaz level against LW's and he aint at his peak no more.

If Gaethje is over his Kyokushin blue belt phase, he's got the tools to win this.

Justin is the most landed on fighter in the UFC

Well, Justin says he learned something from those 2 big nasty losses. He said he used to just fight rock-em-sock-em, but those two woke him up to the importance of not taking damage. And that for the last 2 years he's worked on defense and doing more with less. And that it turns out, when he punches less often, it leads to better fighting. So he punches less, gets hits less, and he thinks he's a much, much better fighter than he was even 3 years ago.

He goes into it deeply on a podcast with Matt Serra. You should give it a listen. Well worth the 20 minutes.

He might be fooling himself. He might just be the same old dude. We only have his 7 or 8 minutes of fighting before he got those 3 KTFO's to judge him by. But they were 3 sick KTFO's.

But if you believe even a little bit of what he says, then no, not Conor by 1st or 2nd Round Stoppage 10/10 Times.

This new patient Gaethje (Paethje?) is kind of a different animal. I'd, actually, favor him in rematches vs Eddie and Doostin. 2016 Conor would still wreck him, though.

But it ain't 2016 anymore, so I don't know. If Conor is at least 70% (that's -30% right there) as good as he was, he probably still wins.

Gaethje has changed his style drastically since the poirier fight. He fights a more technically and more defensive now.
Another thing you didn't factor in is that gaethje is a legit one Punch Ko artist with deadly leg kicks. Gaethje is going to have a easier time chopping Conor legs off because of his wide karate stance

If it were a boxing match, Conor would beat Gaethje quite easily. But Gaethje's leg kicks could be a serious problem for Conor. And he has a much better chin than Eddie ever had. I'd love to see this fight. It's plausible that Conor could stop Gaethje inside the first two rounds. But if it got into the third, I think Gaethje would absolutely brutalize Conor.

Gaethje can take a punch AND his leg kicks would chew Conor up inside a round. Remember Conor tried throwing leg kicks at Nate but said in the interview after that they ended up hurting him more than Nate so he stopped?

Conor CANNOT eat leg kicks, least of all from someone like Gaethje who has baseball bats for shins.

Without his legs Conor loses that timing and his power is greatly diminished.

Conor might not last past the second round. That said, he COULD POSSIBLY KO Gaethje, sure. But in a guessing game of which is weaker and easier to hit - Conor's legs or Gaethje's chin..... I have to say Gaethje looks like the winner from that angle. Not to mention wrestling. Calf kicks to wrestling would wear Conor down in 1 round I'd think.

Last edited:
If it were a boxing match, Conor would beat Gaethje quite easily. But Gaethje's leg kicks could be a serious problem for Conor. And he has a much better chin than Eddie ever had. I'd love to see this fight. It's plausible that Conor could stop Gaethje inside the first two rounds. But if it got into the third, I think Gaethje would absolutely brutalize Conor.
Great minds think aloud.

Or is it allowed?

It's either knock out or get knocked out, just bleed style!
<{JustBleed}>

Gee, if only Conor had your confidence TS.

Instead he's calling out lil' Frankie Edgar.

Conor's cardio only holds up for 7-8 minutes. We saw it in both Nate-fights. If the fight is still on at the end of the second round, Gaethje most probably brutalizes Conor.
And while Conor is obviously VERY dangerous early in the fights, it's not like Gaehjte doesn't present danger for him as well. He has a very good chin, hard to put away, even if he is rocked, and then he dishes out severe punishment himself. His leg kicks are devastating, and he has more punching power than both Diaz or Alvarez. Nobody would be really shocked if he is the one who manages the KO...

Retired keyboard warrior McTapper would get absolutely shit on by Gaethje.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Conor is probably the worst matchup for Justin, in the Lightweight Division.

If Conor is even 75% of what he was in the Alvarez fight, he is going to eat Justin alive.

Justin is the most landed on fighter in the UFC, and Conor is one of the most accurate strikers in the UFC.

Anybody hoping to see Conor get his little perverted and abusive ass kicked, don't hope for this fight to be made.

A2AC67BBB5249CFF155E4C81E3141B0CBB05C2CC
Conor isn't the worst matchup for anybody these days.

He was good at beating manlets but hasn't won a fight in 3 years and he's 1-1 as a LW.

Get over it.

Gaethje has become a much more patient striker in his last 3 fights. Conor's lead leg could get chewed up.

This fight isn't as black and white as TS suggests.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back