*Who's gonna go for the first TD: Askren or Maia?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Both guys always, always, try to close the gap and score a TD. Considering Maia's BJJ superiority and Askren's wrestling superiority, who's gonna try the TD first?

I feel like Askren will because that is typically his first instinct but after what happened 2 seconds into the fight with Jorge, maybe he won't.

That is actually an interesting question lol.
I feel like Maia isn't ever worried about being taken down since he reverses positions so well but at the same time look no further than the Chael fight so it is hard to say.

What else can Askren do besides going for a takedown? I doubt hugging Maia is a good idea.

Both will shoot at the same time and knock each other out...
wrestling-KO.gif

Both should agree to start each round on the ground.

Think Maia throws more punches/kicks then he ever has this fight.

Would suck if they both decided to kickbox the whole fight.

I think Maia will do it to make a statement.

We already know K1 Maia exists so I think he will show up. The question is if K1 Askren will be born

Ben Askren has had two weird ass meme fights in the UFC and fighters get finished in bizarre ways once they are 40.
This fight is going to be unique as fuck.

Also shouldn't Askren take a year off and let his brain inflammation go down a bit though?

Askren will shoot for a take down but get knocked out whilst Maia goes for a flying knee.

I really want to see a crazy back and forth grappling battle, but we all know it's going to turn into a low level kickboxing match.

i have maia winning because his striking is better, which isnt an advantage he usually has in his fights.

I think Askren might be a little gunshy on takedowns. I think Masvidal gave him a case of PTTD.

Askren has NO standup AT ALL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back