Feels like zabit is ducking 5 round fights

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Him vs Kattar is now main event, but they won't do 5 rounds and i think that's bullshit. These guys have been preparing for each other for 12 weeks, they should be able to give us a 5 rounder. I can't help but think zabit is ducking 5 rounders due to him gassing after ten minutes in nearly every fight.

*Edit*

Wonderboy vs Hendricks were in the same situation, but then they accepted to be bumped to a 5 round main event on 2 weeks notice.

Lineker vs McDonald were in the same situation, but then they accepted to be bumped to a 5 round main event on 2 weeks notice......

Whittaker vs brunson, scheduled for 3, but bumped up to 5 rounds on 3 weeks notice...

What's the hold up with getting 5 rounds for Zabit vs Kattar?

Last edited:
It's a short notice bump to main event, seems logical it will be 3 rounds.

I think Zabit would struggle in 5 but theres nothing here to suggest it was his decision

Won't even matter. Kattar by KO Rd. 2.

Him vs Kattar is now main event, but they won't do 5 rounds and i think that's bullshit. These guys have been preparing for each other for 12 weeks, they should be able to give us a 5 rounder. I can't help but think zabit is ducking 5 rounders due to him gassing after ten minutes in nearly every fight.

It could have been kattar that askex for 3 rounds. Assumptions make u look like an ass. And zabit could very well have said no to a 5 rounder, but that still Doesnt mean hes avoiding it

How is this ducking? Its on short notice. He didn't have a camp for a 5 round fight. If he was ducking a 5 round fight, that would mean he would not aspire to become champion. Makes no sense.

It could have been kattar that askex for 3 rounds. Assumptions make u look like an ass. And zabit could very well have said no to a 5 rounder, but that still Doesnt mean hes avoiding it

just seems strange that a guy with questionable cardio is never in 5 rounders despite his opponent, kattar, begging for a five rounder at boston and despite a 5 rounder now being dropped in his lap.

Last edited:
What does "preparing for each other" have to do with anything? They've been preparing for a 3 round fight and 2 weeks isn't enough time to start prepping for 5 rounds. Calvin's more of a decision fighter than Zabit, so 3 rounds probably benefits Zabit more, but I don't consider trying to win a 25 minute decision "giving us" anything.

This card is terrible. A can getting moved up to the main event, and two cans in the co-main.

Zabit the type of guy to get a main event spot and not have it be 5 rounds lol. I really want to see him in a 5 rounder before a TS

I don't really want to see 5 rounds of dudes who trained for three rounds pacing themselves or being ridiculously gassed.

of course that's the reason...I was high on the guy at first...but, he has some definite weaknesses...and cardio is one of them.

Zabit the type of guy to get a main event spot and not have it be 5 rounds lol. I really want to see him in a 5 rounder before a TS

just seems strange that a guy like bisping can get finished and then accept a five rounder 21 days later with gastelum, but zabit vs. kattar can't become a 5 rounder despite having a huge camp and not just getting the shit kicked out of them by GSP.

guys accept 5 rounders on short notice all the time. I really wonder what the hold up here was, and I struggle to imagine that's it's the guy who wss begging for this fight to originally be scheduled as a 5 roundsr (Kattar)

I think he would probably struggle in a 5 rounder but can’t blame him for not accepting one on just 2 1/2 weeks notice when he hasn’t been training for one.

Back