Media Junior Dos Santos releases video statement following drop out (translated)

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

"You all have probably seen through media by now that im out of the fight vs Volkov. Im here to confirm that is true. Im in the hospital right now. Been here for 8 days. I have no idea how i got this infection. I was training friday, kicking the bag, then on saturday i noticed a tiny injury on my leg and i thought it wasnt a big deal. I just put some ice on it and took anti-inflammatory and expected it would go away, but on sunday when i woke up i noticed not only it didnt go away, but it was now hurting, red and hot.

It was at this moment i realized this wasnt a regular injury, so i called my doctor and she told me i needed to go immediately to the hospital. I go there and i get confirmation its a bacterial infection. Then we start a rigorous treatment with lots of medication, lots of antibiotics. I am taking multiple a day, different ones, every 4 hours. I even had to go to the operating room 3 times this week. All of them with general anesthesia to have procedures done on my leg. Put and remove drains. Suck the pus out etc...

Ive been here since the 14th trying to get better as fast as possible. I hadnt told anyone because i was still trying to see if i could make it to the fight. It would be my first time in russia and i really wanted to go.
The doctor actually told me i was really lucky because i am a strong, fit, healthy guy and contacted them quickly or i could have had much bigger problems. It was then that i realized the severity of the situation and that i was out of the fight.

This sucks. I am also doing the dance show, which because of this i am going to have to miss and probably be disqualified.

*Then god talk and thanks some people*

WAR cigano, get better soon

Clean your shit ATT!
JK, I'm just upset. That sucks. Seems like no high level gym is excluded from their athletes suffering from staph or some other sort of skin virus. Luckily there haven't been too many cases of MRSA, now that's disgusting.

I wish all the best to JDS and I hope he will be ok asap.
Although, that robe he is wearing ,,, <{you!}>

Speedy recover JDS. We anxiously await your return.

He should try to become the heavyweight Barboza with those leg kicks. He fucks up people whenever he throws them. And his overhand right has been getting sloppy so time for a new approach.

I hope he can keep his career going after this. That is a serious problem for him.

Back