• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
13235223_1075497779190755_7030675855080607790_o.0.0.jpg

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Emil-Meek-66143

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Diego-Sanchez-4824

Emil Meek and Diego Sanchez, two of the most entertaining fighters in the UFC welterweight division — both in terms of fighting style and personality — are seemingly down to fight each other.

The exchange began with Sanchez accusing Meek of using illegal means to manage his weight cut down to the welterweight division’s 171-pound limit. Sanchez then agreed to fight Meek regardless, at which point Meek assured the American that he would never cheat.

Emil Meek has not fought in well over a year. In his last fight, which went down in July of 2018, he was defeated by Bartosz Fabiński by unanimous decision. This loss was preceded by a unanimous decision loss to Kamaru Usman, who went on to become the UFC welterweight champ.

Prior to these setbacks, Meek was on a four-fight streak, highlighted by a decision defeat of Canadian veteran Jordan Mein in his UFC debut, and a first-round mugging of Rousimar Palhares outside the UFC.

Diego Sanchez, meanwhile, has spent much — and arguably the best years — of his career at lightweight. More recently, however, he’s been competing back up in the welterweight division. In his most recent fight, he lost a decision to a fellow former lightweight in Michael Chiesa. Prior to that, he defeated Mickey Gall by TKO, and Craig White by unanimous decision. Sanchez, who won the very first season of The Ultimate Fighter, is one of the most battle-tested veterans in the game.

Sanchez and Meek did not decide on a date for the prospective fight, but seem to be targeting early 2020.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/emil-meek-and-diego-sanchez-agree-to-fight/

Meek wins this one.

Diego's a legend, but he's not taking a guy as big and strong as Meek down.

I hope that the UFC will stop follow the crazy ideas of a guy that at this point is clearly out of his mind..Meek would kill him.

Meek is a beast. Remember watching his fight against Usman and thinking that he might actually get the better of Usman but Usman really showcased his wrestling and took over. On the feet, Meek was causing issues for sure. It was a close fight still so that tells you how good Emil is as a fighter

I’m so bummed we never got Perry Vs Meek, that fight had the potential to be a really fun slugfest.

This is a kind of toss up matchup though, if Meek clips Diego, it’s night night. But Meek has no ground game me and that’s a strength of Sanchez.
I still say Meek by KO in the first

Meek should have a big size and strength advantage. That mexican cardio and heart though.

Gotta go with Meek by brutal KO

Undersized chinless near-retirement WW accidentally calls out oversized heavy-hitting prime WW. What could possibly go wrong?

This will... not go well for Diego. Kind of a shame he's doing this to himself. He should be fighting fellow over the hill legends like Condit for example, not subjecting himself to further CTE against young bucks who wanna make a name off of him.

The only person Diego should be fighting is the guy with 1 arm missing or Bob Sapp.

Is Diego still with his guru or has he gone back to Jackson's?

Diego is going to need a diaper.

WTF this dude is tree times Diegos size. This will not end well

That's a great bout. I got meek winning it by tko

Dana should take Diego on the side and talk him into seeing a mental health doctor because the guy is not all there and the beating will only speed his deterioration

This will... not go well for Diego. Kind of a shame he's doing this to himself. He should be fighting fellow over the hill legends like Condit for example, not subjecting himself to further CTE against young bucks who wanna make a name off of him.
I mean, not exactly a name, but meek is not going to decline an easy fight and money because diego is a fool.

Back