Jose Aldo dropping down to Bantamweight

hardcoreBE

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
“No doubt I’m fighting at 135 next, I’m just waiting for (Henry) Cejudo to decide if he’s going to fight or not,” he continued, aiming at the two-division champion. “If it’s not against him, I have no problem (fighting) anyone else."

Seriously? We're finally seeing (a little) shift were guys stop with the extreme cutting and starting to fight more at their natural weight. And then Aldo who's already a big FW wants to drop to BW. To fight the flyweight...

I really wished he would move up instead of down. So many great fights at LW.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10...n-bantamweight-henry-cejudo-bend-the-knee-mma

Not the best move IMO but he and his managers must know something we don't.

lmao this is TJ Dillashaw all over again, can see it coming from a mile away.

Right now Aldo would be a tiny LW and he's also no longer one of the bigger FW's. I'd still rather see him just stay at FW instead of dropping more weight though.

When I heard this I could hardly believe it, seems like a mistake. I think even Dana said he doesn't buy it.

Jose is not a big FW he once was, he used to be one of the tallest and biggest FW but now he isnt, people cut more and more weight not the other way around. He wont even be the biggest BW.

I thought this was a joke. Wow. Cejudo vs Aldo, book it! I can imagine this going worse than TJ, but I think everyone would watch and gives aldo another shot.

Seriously? We're finally seeing (a little) shift were guys stop with the extreme cutting and starting to fight more at their natural weight. And then Aldo who's already a big FW wants to drop to BW. To fight the flyweight...

I really wished he would move up instead of down. So many great fights at LW.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10...n-bantamweight-henry-cejudo-bend-the-knee-mma

Move up? Are you crazy Aldo is a micro manlet with all his loses being to larger fighters. You make zero sense. If anyone should move up its padded fatty Khabib.

Well, if he loses some lean mass and stays ripped it shouldn't be a problem, but we'll just have to wait and see

I don't believe it.
Aldo's going to be chinless, broken skeleton at 135, if he can even make the weight.

Aldo's career is arguably over. He has visibly declined over his last 4-5 fights and I'd fathom he won't be returning to the form he once was.

Might have a couple of decent wins left in the tank but he's on the way out. Let him do what he wants.

It's not that much of a stretch. Aldo's got a lot of mass to lose. 10 pounds is not at all that much if it's done well.

Aldo already cuts too much to make 145

Not in the recent years. Compare what he looked like against Faber and Hominick to his recent fights with Stephens, Moicano, and Volkanovski.

I think it's time to hang it up for Aldo.

Great run, brother. Next chapter.

wont believe it until the official announcement. aldo has been struggling so much to make 145 although he's never failed.

Back