Boom Roasted! "I can't stand Ben Askren; he can't punch his way out of a wet paper bag"

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"In Your Professional Opinion": Askren vs. Maia

Max Griffin pulls no punches: "I can't stand Ben Askren; he can't punch his way out of a wet paper bag. He's going to try and take him down; he's going to get submitted by Demian Maia."

Urijah Faber: "Maia has much better stand-up, just because Askren doesn't really care about the stand-up game at all. But I'm going to go with a wrestling ace over a BJJ ace."

Lorenz Larkin: "It's going to be a boring-ass fight. Unless . . . no, it's going to be a boring-ass fight."

Al Iaquinta: "I gotta go with wrestling. I think Ben Askren gets it done."

Gilbert Burns: "I think Demian Maia gets it done. Askren makes a lot of mistakes."

Alex Hernandez: "I got Askren. I'm a Day 1 Askren fan."

Leslie Smith: "I gotta go with Askren unless Maia can hurt Askren standing up to influence it in his favor when he gets to the grappling."

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/10...emian-maia-ufc-singapore-fighters-pick-fights

Max Griffin is the only fighter Colby has TKO'd but cool opinion on others fighting abilities.

I think k1 Maia blitzes aspergers into Bolivia

I think Maia is better everywhere.. even wrestling

Word is doctors are prescribing this fight for patients with insomnia..

I hate Askren but he would mop the floor with Aluminium Perry's daddy

I don't get it, why would he be in a wet paper bag in the first place?

Lorenz Larkin: "It's going to be a boring-ass fight. Unless . . . no, it's going to be a boring-ass fight."

Larkin nailed it.

<BC1>

Why would he have to punch his way out of a bag? Not sure a guy with a 3-5 record in the UFC who goes to decision every time is in a position to shit on a guy who's 9-1 with only 1 decision in his last 10 fights.

Imagine if somebody told you 5 years ago that Maia's easiest path to victory in a fight will be to keep it standing.

you'll see..
raw

Back