Do you think Meatball Molly has finally earned herself a ranked opponent?

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this fair to say in your opinion? She's on Ariel's show right now saying how she'll do what the UFC want however she would like a ranked opponent in London in 2020.

Some people she mentioned she'd like would be Paige VanZant, Maycee Barber and Antonina Shevchenko, she followed up to say she felt Maycee would be great although she understands she's not ranked so doesn't expect that but feels that their striking styles are similar and they both hit well.

She did say she thought Maycee was a bit arrogant at first but then realised she's just chasing her dream and commended her on that.

She's won her last 3 fights although not finished (all decisions) but she's been in some wars (her eye in the fight with Priscila Cachoeira was unreal) and she has put on some performances so either way she does deserve some sort of step up now, though what do you guys think?

-------------------
Edit: For all those who don't know who she is, just listen to this instead as it'll probably interest you more lol

Last edited:
Yes she should get a top 10-15 opponent next.

Yeah that's what she was saying, she would actually like a top 10 opponent in London but she understands she's not ranked etc.. Ariel said after she was a bit hard on herself lol

I mean to be fair although her fights have been all decision wins she has put on some really great fights and her fighting someone like Maycee Barber for example would probably be a really great fight, which would be great for a London event.

No, but I'd let her fight Shevchenko for the title in Liverpool, there's a long history of British no-hope challengers in boxing and I'm sure it would be a sell-out.

There’s something about her that annoys me. I was hoping she would get cut but there are worse fighters than her in the division somehow.

I'm surprised you guys don't know who Meatball Molly is, she's been on a lot of things lately and had a lot of talk around her at shows (no diss, just genuinely surprised).

Specially this.

There’s something about her that annoys me. I was hoping she would get cut but there are worse fighters than her in the division somehow.

She is tough though, she's put on some great wars, seems like she hits hard too.

She is tough though, she's put on some great wars, seems like she hits hard too.
She is scrappy but she’s lacking in skills. WMMA is just really bad apart from the upper tier, so she will probably find a way to stick around.

I'm surprised you guys don't know who Meatball Molly is, she's been on a lot of things lately and had a lot of talk around her at shows (no diss, just genuinely surprised).

Specially this.

[/QUOTE
But was browsing football results and saw that the BBC were promoting her somehow. I think they report on all the British fighters though.

I'm not sure who she is and a quick Google search returned some semi-disturbing results.

I'm honestly really surprised so many people don't have a clue who she is considering she's been quite active in the UFC this year as well as making a few headlines, specially after the eye incident it was everywhere at the time after the London event (Till vs Gastelum).

I don't mean that as a diss of course just genuinely surprised that's all cause she's been hard to avoid it seems lol

I think Maycee should fight a higher ranked opponent but her vs Meatball Molly is kinda interesting to me, they're both on 3 UFC fight win streaks, Maycee was losing both her last 2 fights and getting outstruck until she landed a blow that made her opponents want to quit. But Molly is tough and won't go away so easily when Maycee tags her, and has reasonably good enough boxing herself. Her grappling is a sloppy mess but is Maycee's much better technically? Only one way to find out...

Molly vs Antonina Shev would be cool too, I think I'd just find that whole fight amusing whatever the outcome

I think Maycee should fight a higher ranked opponent but her vs Meatball Molly is kinda interesting to me, they're both on 3 UFC fight win streaks, Maycee was losing both her last 2 fights and getting outstruck until she landed a blow that made her opponents want to quit. But Molly is tough and won't go away so easily when Maycee tags her, and has reasonably good enough boxing herself. Her grappling is a sloppy mess but is Maycee's much better technically? Only one way to find out...

Molly vs Antonina Shev would be cool too, I think I'd just find that whole fight amusing whatever the outcome

That's exactly my sentiments on it too and if it was to be in London like Molly said I think we'd get a great fight with a great atmosphere :)

Back