Opinion: Inhalers and Oxygen Should Be Legal Between Rounds

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
First off, Greg Hardy’s use of an inhaler has, and should be punished. If it’s against the rules, and no one else is doing it, you shouldn’t be either.

That being said, I think there’s some perks to giving a fighter oxygen or inhalers between rounds. Before y’all scream at me, the NFL uses oxygen all the time. There are large athletes like lineman that can be seen on the bench taking oxygen when being subbed out for a play or two between long drives. After a long breakout attack, almost all players can be seen taking oxygen to get ready for the next play sequence.

1542076620_0ap3000000987749_video_cp.jpg

My thought is, if it increases performance, and it’s not like drugs that can harm your body long term, why not? It’s not like a ped that can harm an athlete long term, making it possible that not everyone would want to part take. And it may increase the activity level round to round, and make the fight more entertaining.

IMO it's a moot point because Greg lost the round after using the inhaler.

Hard to regulate what’s actually inside the inhaler tho

Why not allow food too? It doesn’t harm the athlete long term and could help their performance. Because it’s stupid to let them do anything during a fight other than push the swelling and blood out of their eyes

Why not allow food too? It doesn’t harm the athlete long term and could help their performance. Because it’s stupid to let them do anything during a fight other than push the swelling and blood out of their eyes
If someone wants a steak and cheese aint nothing wrong with that

Last edited:
As long as the inhalers don't contain any pictograms, they should be allowed.

Just do a USADA test after the fight.
They allow them up to a specific dosage, it will be difficult to ascertain what dosage was administered after the fact.

There are more acceptable ways to improve cardio, like running.

Certain fighters rely on great cardio to keep a pace that exhausts their opponent. I don’t want to see the advantage they’ve earned taken away.

Oxygen should be legal ....... it only helps fight quality and its isnt a harmful ped.

They allow them up to a specific dosage, it will be difficult to ascertain what dosage was administered after the fact.

There are more acceptable ways to improve cardio, like running.

Certain fighters rely on great cardio to keep a pace that exhausts their opponent. I don’t want to see the advantage they’ve earned taken away.
If both fighters are getting oxygen between rounds I don’t see how it takes an advantage away.

It's a fight, if you can't handle someone's pace then you're fucked. I truly hope they never allow any of that stuff.

Everyone's acting like he used a fucking knife. If you are a real fighter you shouldn't be bothered by fucking inhaler.

No it shouldn't.. In a real fight you don't get a chance to use an inhaler if you are getting your ass whooped and tbh it's a crutch 'cause had he not had it he would've fell victim to his disability and been at the mercy of his attacker.

Security blankets and a phone call to mom between rounds might make the fighters more comfortable.

First off, Greg Hardy’s use of an inhaler has, and should be punished. If it’s against the rules, and no one else is doing it, you shouldn’t be either.

That being said, I think there’s some perks to giving a fighter oxygen or inhalers between rounds. Before y’all scream at me, the NFL uses oxygen all the time. There are large athletes like lineman that can be seen on the bench taking oxygen when being subbed out for a play or two between long drives. After a long breakout attack, almost all players can be seen taking oxygen to get ready for the next play sequence.

1542076620_0ap3000000987749_video_cp.jpg

My thought is, if it increases performance, and it’s not like drugs that can harm your body long term, why not? It’s not like a ped that can harm an athlete long term, making it possible that not everyone would want to part take. And it may increase the activity level round to round, and make the fight more entertaining.

well, what about guys that win fights, due to their cardio? they will no longer have an advantage, through their training...now, everyone will have great cardio...which isn't fair to those guys that win, via cardio...like a nate diaz or some other fighter....you have to go on their natural ability...football isn't fighting....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back