Mike Goldberg was a great UFC commentator

legcramp

I am a handsome, white-as-snow boxer.
@Brown
Reaction score
I am re-watching some old fights (UFC 167 GSP vs Hendricks, I haven't seen this card since I saw it live.. I thought GSP lost that fight and didn't wanna rewatch it :()

and.. Goldberg is just so natural and smooth on the mic compared to the robots that replaced his role.

I loved his opening line to Cain vs Brock

"FLYING KNEE FROM LESNAR!"

He wasn't afraid to point out the vampire sexuality written in the middle of the card they put in front of him.

Goldy had his ridiculous moments (and let’s be honest, come on, what commentator hasn’t? lol), but I agree with you — he flows really naturally with his commentary and he always did sound pretty enthusiastic during. I think he’s definitely a love it or hate it type of guy as a commentator lol.

mAdCBeD.png

how he was just pushed aside with no mention of his leaving is exactly why the UFC will always be looked at as a D-league sport.

cause nothing is sacred.

He was bad but Anik and Fitzgerald are worse.

Marv Albert would be great.

He is the "casual fan god" he did those one-liners pretty well.
Jon Anik is too BETA and socially awkward.
Doesnt fit in.

Dude was there from the start, believed in mma when few others did and no doubt took a lot of shit for it among his colleagues (human cockfighting, etc)

But I couldn't stand most of what he said during fights. Too bad they couldn't find a different role for him maybe like Karyn Bryant's or something.

He was great and is a genuinely good guy. Rogan is worse now that he’s gone.

Nah I hate his “no touch” comments

It's funny, because I was actually rewatching Nogueria-Herring III earlier, and I was thinking how bad he was from a knowledge and insight standpoint. I forgot how Rogan had to explain stuff on the fly to him. Crazy how time flies. He does have a very nice, natural flow to him though. The ability to transition from one topic to another smoothly is underrated in commentating.

Someone said it here once, I forget who it was so I can't give them credit, but they said "he was a goober, but he was our goober!" And I think that pretty much sums it up for me, lol.

I do miss him though. Him and Rogan had that "BIG FIGHT" atmosphere when they were commentating, nothing has replaced that yet.

Actually watching more of the event.. Goldberg sucks more than Anik and Rogan is as usual super-bias in his commentating for the guy with their nuts in his mouth. Great fights though, definitely miss the old days.

Some say he’s the Michael Jordan of MMA commentators, Joe.

Back