Has Jones ever fought angry?

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When I mean angry, I mean throwing with bad intention, throwing the game plan out type thing, even if it was only for a couple seconds. Say, for example, a fighter being held against the fence for a couple minutes, and as soon as he gets free tries to take the other guys head off. I can't recall it ever happening. With the talk of a couple of the new guys beating him, I just don't see it. Jones plans the fight right down to perfection, like GSP used to do, but Jones has more natural ability (or maybe un-natural) than GSP. I know it is MMA math, but Jones handled the former heavyweight champ, twice!
99fc4adaa52f60873e180cccbc03893a

Jones is slowing down, you can see it in his last couple fights. He is sliding out of his prime. Even so, it might be 5 years before someone beats him.

If I'm remembering correctly, he seemed to turn things up a notch after Machida landed on him.

Nope. He is extremely calm in there no matter what. Somehow he never breaks. Round 5 of the first Gus fight showed that it will be nearly impossible to break Jones. He will fight smart, stay composed and implement his gameplan no matter what. Truly a GOAT characteristic.

Seemed like it vs DC in the second fight, I’m just basing it off the aggression in the finish

He mashed Chael so hard he broke his own toe

High fight IQ + skillz goes a long way...

Don't know for anger but he fought with steroids in his blood, that wad confirmed by scientist

When he yanked that super slow white bald brazilian guys shoulder against the cage, that was some mean intentions.

Also, after Vitor attempted the armbar, Jones seemed to have an adrenaline surge and attack ferociously I sorta recall

Heard he waxes emotional while eating Corn Flakes

He was pissed at Chael, and admitted the trash talk got to him. It's amazing Chael walked way from that fight with his undefeated record intact...

When he yanked that super slow white bald brazilian guys shoulder against the cage, that was some mean intentions.

Also, after Vitor attempted the armbar, Jones seemed to have an adrenaline surge and attack ferociously I sorta recall
After seeing him do it to Glover, I used that shoulder crank and do til this day
tenor (19).gif

Uhh yes ending to DC 1 where Jones kept punching DC after the bell and did this
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Jones is probably the angriest man in the UFC. Stems from his dishonesty...

I think everytime he eye gouges, does kicks that are aimed to injure. Or does the shoulder yank thing trying to injure it would either be mad or just evil. I never understood why he would use those tactics and theres no way they aren't intentional. He doesnt need them to win, just cruel really. He attempts to injure people to win, and put them out of their income ...their livelyhoods when he would generally win without doing so.

That one time he beat up Scholler, DC, and like ten security guards.

Back