Has the commission secured the inhaler yet?

Fluffernutter

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So, has the Massachusetts commission secured the inhaler Hardy used?

Have they determined what the ingredients were in the inhaler?

Have they confirmed he has a prescription for the inhaler?

Whomever possesses that inhaler, controls the fate of the galaxy.

So, has the Massachusetts commission secured the inhaler Hardy used?

Have they determined what the ingredients were in the inhaler?

Have they confirmed he has a prescription for the inhaler?

As i'm sure TOS knows, these are all dumb questions.

Inhalers in the octagon are illegal regardless of ingredients or prescription, so it doesn't matter.

Hardy was pretty certain the inhaler met USADA standards. I doubt they'll investigate beyond just overturning the result.

From USADA website:

"As of 2018, there are three inhaled beta-2 agonists that are permitted under a certain dose:

• Inhaled albuterol (also called salbutamol): maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours in divided doses, not to exceed 800 micrograms over 12 hours starting from any dose;
  • Inhaled formoterol: maximum delivered dose of 54 micrograms over 24 hours;
  • Inhaled salmeterol: maximum 200 micrograms over 24 hours"
You would literally need to inhale 10 puffs off of it to exceed 800 micrograms in 12 hours.

As i'm sure TOS knows, these are all dumb questions.

Inhalers in the octagon are illegal regardless of ingredients or prescription, so it doesn't matter.

Hardy was pretty certain the inhaler met USADA standards. I doubt they'll investigate beyond just overturning the result.
I've read a couple articles now. And when he went to his corner, Hardy asked an inspector from the commission if he was allowed to take his inhaler. He told him yes. But apparently that guy from the commission didn't have the proper authority to decide.

I honestly don't get what the big deal is. Dude has asthma. He should be allowed to use his inhaler.

There was no problem using it when he was playing football, just like anyone else who suffers from asthma.

"Albuterol is allowed at all times by USADA, not to exceed 800 micrograms per 12 hours, which comes out to about 10 puffs. Approval whether to permit its use in a fight is then is strictly up to the presiding commission"

I guess it's a gray area.

Back