Are fake belts presented by celebs going to be the new normal?

Here's the thing

It depends on my Depends.
@Green
Reaction score
The BMF Belt is being presented to the BMF Champion by The Rock.

So will they start handing out other belts like, say, the TDITR "The Toughest Dude in The Room" Belt presented by Big Show?

All part of WME's plan to slowly but surely work celebrities into every facet of UFC. Next they'll be on commentary, doing Buffer's job, judging, hell, maybe even reffing fights!

If it sells I wouldn't at all be surprised.

WWE did milk it pretty well.

I think the "long game" is to sell UFC to WWE.
Kind of like Zuffa did to WME
Seriously.

All part of WME's plan to slowly but surely work celebrities into every facet of UFC. Next they'll be on commentary, doing Buffer's job, judging, hell, maybe even reffing fights!

What's actually funny is that if they do, their PPV numbers will probably skyrocket. "The undisputed MW Championship fight, refereed by No Way Jose. But WAIT! The belt will be presented by non other than Charlie Sheen!"

The Rock presenting a BMF belt is literally THE cringiest shit I've heard of in my entire life.

ALL THE UFC BELTS ARE NOT RECOGNIZED BY ANY COMMISSION/SANCTIONING BODY.. so technically they're all 'fake'.. Dana was talking about this on siriusxm at the fights the other day since he was talking zuffa boxing and all the boxing sanctioning bodies.. he brought up how the UFC belt is actually not recognized in any way aside from the UFC.

The UFC give a title shot to a fighter coming off KO losses (Gustafsson), and gave a useless WWE guy CM Punk TWO fights in the UFC. A made up belt for 2 vets isn't even the worse thing they've done so far.

All belts are fake and presented by Dana...Who is kinda a celebrity

So no
It's nothing new

I guess climbing a ladder will literally soon be a thing in the UFC

No.
Seriously - there are no other fake belts like this on the horizon.
I doubt it will be done again within the next 2 years.

This belt is no more fake than the Saku belt that all of Sherdog thought was the awesomest thing ever. So who cares?

Back