snackgod

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
robbed

he clearly won 29-28.

judges hate short manlets.

He came up short. What can you say?

Listen his performance definitely didn’t stack up that high on the judges scorecards.

This was the first time I saw Winn. I was expecting him to be a barrel of muscle and thickness like Palhares, Filho or Latifi. But he just looked like a soft, out of shape 145er. Definitely in the wrong weight class.

He's gotta be 5'2 tops.

Dude should go to WW at least.

lmfao, someone edited his sherdog stats, it says he's a LHW.

His competition was head and shoulders above him.

5'6" and definitely was on the short end of the judges score card if you pardon the pun. His takedowns by the second round had definitely turned to "I am getting beat up bad on my feet and need a takedown" to see another Sunday Brunch this week.

Stewart was trying to finish him, dude was moving away half of the fight to save energy for point fighting takedowns. The man that tried to finish won.

this is the limit of the short limbs. He can't hold people down because his arms are too short. His torso is also short so it has little leverage to put pressure on people. That's why he needs to take guys down constantly because they keep getting back up. How many take downs can you do before running out of gas. Short arms also prevent effective GnP and submission so you can't finish them and they also get up fresh due to no damage.

It was a close fight, I thought Deron Winn did just enough but I'm not mad about it. His opponent was landing nice shots off his back.

Stewart was landing more from bottom when Winn took him down, so despite the takedowns Stewart won the rounds.

Can we vote for a Sherdog rule that has anyone who makes a "robbery" thread given double yellows? Because I'm pretty sure nobody likes these fucking guys.

I think the judges overlooked his offense in the first 2 rounds, but his overall performance is nothing to look down on.

For a little guy, it isn't that bad. What he lacks is the control aspect from grappling. He lets his opponent up too often while guys like DC will ride on them. Being that small has tremendous advantages in wrestling; it is almost impossible for a bigger to get that low for a takedown.

I don't think he was! Stewart just wouldn't go away, out-lasted him in the cardio department and out-struck him. Winn's wrestling looked a bit over-rated, a fucking British brawler more or less stood up to it and ended up making it a slog for him. Stewart needs to adopt the nickname 'The Spoiler' because he seems like the turd they can't flush - they give him guys they want to build up like Winn and Bevon Lewis and he out-works them. He's a gritty dude.

Back