RDA Calls Out Dustin Poirier

RDA vs. Dustin

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Former UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos is interested in fighting Dustin Poirier at welterweight if he decides to move up in weight classes.

Poirier recently said he was open to moving up to the UFC welterweight division, and a fan on Twitter asked RDA if he would be interested in a matchup against him. Check out what RDA said in response to the fan.

“I’m down.”

If the UFC decides to book the fight, it would be a very solid matchup between two well-rounded fighters who are looking to get back into title contention after losing their last respective bouts.

Although RDA hasn’t fared as well at welterweight as he did at lightweight, where he was the champion, he is still ranked in the top-10 at 170lbs. Overall he’s just 4-3 at welterweight, but you have to look closer at his level of competition.

RDA holds wins over Robbie Lawler, Kevin Lee, Tarec Saffiedine and Neil Magny, but his losses came against elite-level (top-5) fighters: Kamaru Usman, Colby Covington and Leon Edwards.

As for Poirier, he’s coming off of a submission loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 242 that snapped a six-fight unbeaten streak. Since losing to Nurmagomedov, Poirier has made it clear that he only wants big fights and that he would be willing to move up to welterweight if he has to.

Ideally Poirier would fight Conor McGregor next, but at this point no one has any idea when McGregor wants to return to the Octagon. Poirier can’t just sit around and wait forever for McGregor.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...d-in-fighting-dustin-poirier-at-welterweight/

I will allow it. Book it.

Former UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos is interested in fighting Dustin Poirier at welterweight if he decides to move up in weight classes.

Poirier recently said he was open to moving up to the UFC welterweight division, and a fan on Twitter asked RDA if he would be interested in a matchup against him. Check out what RDA said in response to the fan.

“I’m down.”

If the UFC decides to book the fight, it would be a very solid matchup between two well-rounded fighters who are looking to get back into title contention after losing their last respective bouts.

Although RDA hasn’t fared as well at welterweight as he did at lightweight, where he was the champion, he is still ranked in the top-10 at 170lbs. Overall he’s just 4-3 at welterweight, but you have to look closer at his level of competition. RDA holds wins over Robbie Lawler, Kevin Lee, Tarec Saffiedine and Neil Magny, but his losses came against elite-level fighters in Kamaru Usman, Colby Covington and Leon Edwards, three of the top fighters in the division. He’s still a tough out for anyone in the division.

As for Poirier, he’s coming off of a submission loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 242 that snapped a six-fight unbeaten streak. Since losing to Nurmagomedov, Poirier has made it clear that he only wants big fights and that he would be willing to move up to welterweight if he has to. Ideally Poirier would fight Conor McGregor next, but at this point no one has any idea when McGregor wants to return to the Octagon. Poirier can’t just sit around and wait forever for McGregor.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...d-in-fighting-dustin-poirier-at-welterweight/
RDA is stupid durable

RDA for the W.
Poirier made a huge mistake by talking shit about the great Colby Covington , He now is gonna get his ass beat by one of Chaos leftovers.

That is a really proper matchup.

I feel like both guys are sort of even on all areas of the game.

They have similar style too.

Good fight. I'd rather see RDA vs Chiesa though. Makes sense for the division

Poirier isn't a big enough draw for Conor. He's on about the same draw level as RDA. I'm getting tired of him saying whom he wants to fight and doesn't want to fight. Enough talk. Book a fight already.

Damn, never even crossed my mind.
Fantastic fight.
Poirier ain't getting the Conor rematch.
Hope he takes this fight.

Main event of a fight night coming soon.

Bad fight for Dustin, too much risk for not enough reward. His stock at LW is still high, he should either hold out for the Conor fight or fight another top 5 fighter. Hypothetically when Khabib beats Ferguson (when, not if) Dustin could earn another title shot by beating Tony. He's still only 2 wins max away from a title shot.

“I’m down.”

Although RDA hasn’t fared as well at welterweight as he did at lightweight, where he was the champion, he is still ranked in the top-10 at 170lbs. Overall he’s just 4-3 at welterweight, but you have to look closer at his level of competition.

RDA holds wins over Robbie Lawler, Kevin Lee, Tarec Saffiedine and Neil Magny, but his losses came against elite-level (top-5) fighters: Kamaru Usman, Colby Covington and Leon Edwards.

As for Poirier, he’s coming off of a submission loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 242 that snapped a six-fight unbeaten streak. Since losing to Nurmagomedov, Poirier has made it clear that he only wants big fights and that he would be willing to move up to welterweight if he has to.

Ideally Poirier would fight Conor McGregor next, but at this point no one has any idea when McGregor wants to return to the Octagon. Poirier can’t just sit around and wait forever for McGregor.

Good fight, but I don't want to see either of them lose. Both of them deserve a gimme fight at this point, both fought a gauntlet of killers.

Bad fight for Dustin, too much risk for not enough reward. His stock at LW is still high, he should either hold out for the Conor fight or fight another top 5 fighter. Hypothetically when Khabib beats Ferguson (when, not if) Dustin could earn another title shot by beating Tony. He's still only 2 wins away from a title shot.
Conor isn't fighting ever again.

RDA for the W.
Poirier made a huge mistake by talking shit about the great Colby Covington , He now is gonna get his ass beat by one of Chaos leftovers.
COLBY WRESTLING-PRACTICED RDA SO FUCKING HARD, BRO.

Conor isn't fighting ever again.

He just raped another chick while coked out of his mind, trust me the money is running out between legal fees and the debauchery lifestyle. He'll hit up PPV ATM again.

Poirier should stay 155 and be a top 3-5 gatekeeper. still good money and he'll be on ppv main cards or headling a fight night.

too small for 170 and too big for 145 now. I can't see him doing anything to Woodley, Colby, usman … masvidal or nate would make an interesting match though.

Great fight, RDA takes this one though via relentless pressure

RDA is such a gamer.

Back