Luckiest fighter in UFC History

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Who is the luckiest fighter in UFC History?
Could be controversial decisions, could be flukey wins, could be favorable matchups, etc.

Imo it's Benson Henderson.

Dude was gifted decisions over Edgar, Thompson, Melendez, and Masvidal. One judge also thought he won the fight against Chandler, which is absolutely fucking hilarious considering he got utterly dominated in that fight.

Last edited:
Weidman is up there too IMO. We saw what happened to him once he faced some guys that weren’t over the hill Brazilians.

Jake O’Brien has to be the least lucky on the other hand. Early on in his career he lost to Cain Velasquez, Andre Arlovski and Jon Jones. I wonder what coulda been if he didn’t get matched with 3 UFC champs

100% agreed on Benson.

Most overrated fighter ever imo.

Leonard Garcia had like 3 split decision wins in a row at one point....plus a split draw and a split lose in there!

CM Punk made a few million from his brief time in the UFC.

I haven't been a fan of mma as long as most sherdoggers here, so idk.

Overrated definitely, but most overrated for me is Cain.
At least Cain put it all out there and generally looked to finish. His dominating performances over JDS are 10x more impressive than anything Benson ever showed imo.

Bisping, maybe not only luck but also "tactical" to get to face 13th rank 200y old Hendo in title defense, then GSP who never ever was going to face the real MW kings

At least Cain put it all out there and generally looked to finish. His dominating performances over JDS are 10x more impressive than anything Benson ever showed imo.
Oh, I definitely agree with that. But from what I've seen people don't idolize Benson like they do Cain, who has a very underwhelming resumé that contradicts how he's generally thought of.

Robbie Lawler. Undeserved wins vs Condit, Cerrone and Hendricks.

Michael Bisping. He should have never been champ let’s be honest

Including non-UFC Hendo is up there. He's one of the best ever but he got a fair number of decisions that could have gone the other way.

I agree ... Benson always got the decisions in his favor by quite a margin sometimes.

Robbie Lawler. Undeserved wins vs Condit, Cerrone and Hendricks.

Michael Bisping. He should have never been champ let’s be honest
Eh. I thought he beat Cerrone, Hendricks and Condit could have gone either way imo

Bisping, maybe not only luck but also "tactical" to get to face 13th rank 200y old Hendo in title defense, then GSP who never ever was going to face the real MW kings

He deserved the rematch against Hendo.
He also deserved the big pay day against GSP before (almost) retirement.
Respect for his replacement of Silva against Gastelum, his wins over Rockhold, Silva, Mayhem Miller...
Allright.
I like the following vid nonetheless (check out the worst refereeing ever of Herb Dean)

McGregor easily

Who is the luckiest fighter in UFC History?
Could be controversial decisions, could be flukey wins, could be favorable matchups, etc.

Imo it's Benson Henderson.

Dude was gifted decisions over Edgar, Thompson, Melendez, and Masvidal. One judge also thought he won the fight against Chandler, which is absolutely fucking hilarious considering he got utterly dominated in that fight.
What fight did Benson clearly lose? He won close hard fights from champs from other organizations who crossed over. He wasn't gifted shit.

Back