13 years ago the MW GOAT KO’d Franklin to win the belt

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
D202D68A-71A9-4AC6-9E79-EE40C3B05F6F.jpeg

Yesterday was exactly 13 years since the MW GOAT started his legendary title reign that was complimented by the best highlight reel ever.

Now at age 44, we give hespect to a fearless legend who still tests himself vs the prime, elite contenders of this era. So far in 2019 Silva has already fought the current Champion Izzy, and top 5 KO artist Cannonier (former HW/LHW).

GOAT, Legend

4CED4E99-B3CE-4BFB-9DF7-092A48CA53B9.jpeg

Lost to Bisping , Weidman in his prime.

Sorry, but Anderson is probably the most overrated fighter ever next to the other GOATs.

Sorry, but Anderson is probably the most overrated fighter ever next to the other GOATs.

You lost to me when we were in bed the other night

When Bisping and Silva were at their peaks Bisping wasn’t good enough to sniff a title shot vs the GOAT.

then Ping won the belt years later in 2016 after the MW division weakened and competition became easier.

Only on sherdog is 10 straight title defenses while occasionally competing and winning in a higher weight class considered overrated.

Last edited:
When Bisping and Silva were at their peaks Bisping wasn’t good enough to sniff a title shot vs the GOAT.

then Ping won the belt years later in 2016 after the MW division weakened and competition became easier.
Ping won the belt as a SUBSTITUTE fighter. He didn’t even earn the shot in 2016, he was just available on short notice.
Ping beat old Andy, old Thales, and old Dolloway before before winning the lottery vs Rockhold.
Ping was able to avoid fighting: Romero, Whittaker, Jacare, Weidman and Mousasi before getting a title shot and he made sure to avoid them after he won the belt.

Ping won the belt as a SUBSTITUTE fighter. He didn’t even earn the shot in 2016, he was just available on short notice.
Ping beat old Andy, old Thales, and old Dolloway before before winning the lottery vs Rockhold.
Ping was able to avoid fighting: Romero, Whittaker, Jacare, Weidman and Mousasi before getting a title shot and he made sure to avoid them after he won the belt.

The way he defended against dan Henderson( and lost that fight let's be real) and avoided every viable contender was disgusting. It was a cool fight dont get me wrong, but it was disgusting.

You lost to me when we were in bed the other night
tenor.gif

I was a big Ace fna, but holy fuck was that dude was unprepared for the thai clinch.

Only on sherdog is 10 straight title defenses while occasionally competing and winning in a higher weight class considered overrated.
You have to remember this is the same place that see’s fighters that have never popped for PED’s as more guilty of use than guys that have actually popped.

Back