Gracie Family Pressured Kron to Become Fighter

Is family pressure a bad reason to become a fighter?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kron Gracie Wanted To Be Skateboarder, Not Pro Fighter

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu royalty Kron Gracie tells TMZ Sports he never wanted to choke people for a living ... he was about kickflips and ollies until a tragedy changed the course of his life.

Ya gotta understand who Gracie is ... his dad's Rickson Gracie -- regarded as one of the greatest BJJ practitioners ever -- and his grandfather's Helio Gracie -- who literally invented BJJ. But, when he was growing up, he told us he had no interest in fighting.

"When I was younger I wanted to skateboard. I liked skateboarding. I had like little skateboard sponsorships and surfing, and that was all fun to me. I had no real interest in jiu-jitsu. As a young kid, it was kinda just the family business."

Then Kron says tragedy struck the family.

"I had an older brother who had passed away. So, once he passed I was the only boy left in the family, and it kinda put all the pressure on me, and I wanted to keep the family legacy going and I wanted to keep my dad proud."

"I wanted to give my dad a son who was a champion, and I wanted to make my brother proud and I had all the resources to do such. So, it would be stupid and ignorant to not do what I did."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/12/kron-gracie-ufc-fighter-brazilian-jiu-jitsu-skateboarder/

I knew it. You can tell from his interviews, he sounds like those little kids forced to play little league.

You can see it in how he fights. Even his general demeanour.

Family pressure would literally be the worst reason to become a fighter.

Sometimes the Gracie clan seems more like the Gracie cult.

...very admirable and brave for Kron to publicly say such a thing.

I wonder if there will ever be a sister named Gracie Gracie

Is it also his duty to carry on the family name and tell everyone the world is flat ???

kron-gracie-flat-earth.jpg

Most Gracies should be erased from existence. Ryan and Ralph were among the worst scumbags in the world.

The Gracies should start their own promotion called GFC Gracie Fighting Championship and all you can do is BJJ and your competition can't know BJJ

That just makes him even better. Hope he figures out some better ways to implement it though. Guys got heart for days

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back