Media Silva fans, You Gotta Give Weidman His Credit

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Now that The Chris is likely in the twilight of his career, let's give him his due Anderson at 38 obviously was not im his physical prime but he was still VERY dangerous and very much the best MW in the world. But a very young Chris Weidman stayed composed and OUTCLASSED the MW GOAT. Remember The Chris was still fairy new in his pro career and most fighters, especially grapplers, would have been very intimidated after Anderson easily shrugged off their takedown attempts. Hell I know the outcome of the fight and I still get intimidated for him. But apparently young Chris did not get the memo that you don't stand and trade with Silva.

Now of course Silva was acting as reckless as ever, but once again, the composure shown by such a relatively inexperienced fighter. Bravo Chris Weidman.

Weidman would have KOed any version of the Spider as demonstrated by his 3-4 record since the second Silva fight, with all 4 losses coming by way of KO/TKO.

The better man won that night. Anderson overall is a much better fighter. But the better fighter doesent always win.

Last edited:
Fluke wins, look what happened to Weirdman's career.

This must be in response to the other thread going right now discrediting Weidmans second win.

Composure was key for Chris, most guys would get rattled by Anderson’s behaviour but he stayed cool as ice and got it done.

I give Weidman credit for both Silva wins. Neither fight, at any point, did I feel like Silva was in control. He was great in the Machida fight too.

The Vitor fight I don't give him much credit. That was Vitor coming off the TRT.

I also dont think Weidman was in control at any point of the Rockhold, Romero, Moose or Jacare fights. Jacare being the closest one.

This must be in response to the other thread going right now discrediting Weidmans second win.
Honestly a coincidence. I just rewatched the fight on YouTube.

The Rockhold beatdown shifted his mentality. Romero removed whatever killer instinct he had left.

Meh.
First fight Silva was clowning him. Fluke win.
Second fight, Broken leg. Fluke win.

Silva would have won both fights if he took more serious/did not break his leg.
<{silvanormal}>

Last edited:
There was just the exact same thread. There is a little thing called "Search". Use it.

Meh.
First fight Silva was clowning him. Fluke win.
Second fight, Broken leg. Fluke win.

Silva would have won both fights if he took more serious/did nto break his legs.
<{silvanormal}>
giphy.gif

Back