Fight of the year so far

The Invisible

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What is your fight of the year so far and why? Can be a 5 round war, early victory of your favourite fighter etc.

I don't really have one for the first time in years. Like, Izzy vs Gastelum was fun to watch but it wasn't really high level amazing for me.

Garbrandt vs Munhoz was a good scrap, but ended early. Think I have to go for Colby vs Lawler.

Izzy vs Gas was the best fight in years . Easily one of my favourite fights of all time.

Its gonna be very, very hard to beat it.

This has been a pretty amazing year for fights so far. Izzy-Gastelum's probably my favorite, but there were like 10 other great fights this year that could get the nod.
Poirier-Holloway, Ferguson-Cowboy, Costa-Romero, Diaz-Pettis, DC-Stipe, Luque-Barbarena, Luque-Perry, Cejudo-Moraes, Cub-Kron...

Izzy vs Gas
Holloway vs Poirier
Munhoz vs Garbrandt / Askren vs Lawler were fun while they lastet but obv. short.
Was Yair vs KZ this year? If so, that was a good scrap also.

Romero Whittaker 2 blew it away
Incorrect.

That was a great fight, but largely one way traffic in terms of actually being close to finishing the fight, unlike Izzy and Gas rocking each other multiple times. It also didn't have any significant grappling exchanges, unlike Izzy's guillotine and triangle attempts in the fifth. It also had the super weird first round in which Romero did essentially nothing, unlike Izzy v Gas which was consistently amazing.

... But really I'm just being a pedantic bitch about something that has no definitive answer. Bobby Knuckles V Romero I & II were both classics, but I preferred Izzy v Gas for many reasons.

Tony Donald would have been up there if it didn't end like it did.

photofunky.gif

Think I have to go for Colby vs Lawler.

This has been a pretty amazing year for fights so far. Izzy-Gastelum's probably my favorite, but there were like 10 other great fights this year that could get the nod.
Poirier-Holloway, Ferguson-Cowboy, Costa-Romero, Diaz-Pettis, DC-Stipe, Luque-Barbarena, Luque-Perry, Cejudo-Moraes, Cub-Kron...
That's a good list bro. I think the real all out wars were Adesanya/Gastelum and Costa/Romero.

Back