How Long Before they Pull the Plug on ESPN+?

Uncle Fester

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
DAZN too, for that matter. MMA audiences seem to be fading, not growing.

Perfect Sherdog thread - no knowledge of contracts, no figures or data to prove their assertions, just 1 sentence with a fatuous, stupid assertion.

Why are you allowed to make threads?

Perfect Sherdog thread - no knowledge of contracts, no figures or data to prove their assertions, just 1 sentence with a fatuous, stupid assertion.

Here's a graph

graph-downward.jpg

Doesn't look good bro

These are the same people who believe that the UFC would be wise to cut back to 18 events per year.

Show me the numbers bro or I call bullshit on this

ESPN's current model confuses me, so I don't know. I think UFC will ride the waves of these Spike, Fox and ESPN co-labs before, eventually, setting up their own network like WWE did.

<Fedor23> I don't know? I'm still watching...

So shitty events, overloaded with women's fights, that are poorly marketed and placed on penny ante pissant webstream services are actually growing the sport? Show me the numbers, SherBro geniuses.

So shitty events, overloaded with women's fights, that are poorly marketed and placed on penny ante pissant webstream services are actually growing the sport? Show me the numbers, SherBro geniuses.

Just look at their evaluations you idiot . They’re worth more than ever

Here in Europe people were very happy with the change to Dazn because the PPV modell is completly outdated, was hard to access for us and expensive.

Can someone explain me why americans are so butthurt about this? Is Espn+ more expensive for you or what? Over here Dazn costs only 10bucks per month and you get other sports as well.
Genuine question.

I love how people in this thread act like they are more fans of the UFC accounting department than they are of having good fight cards that everybody can watch.

Buncha corporate shills in this thread.

"UFC is doing better than ever financially idiot herr derr"

<GinJuice>

ESPN's current model confuses me, so I don't know. I think UFC will ride the waves of these Spike, Fox and ESPN co-labs before, eventually, setting up their own network like WWE did.

i believe this decline was due to the reporters talking more trump hate then sports

Just look at their evaluations you idiot . They’re worth more than ever
The appraisals are probably based on Conor McGregor not getting in trouble with the law and fighting Mayweather every year and fighting in UFC 3 times per year.

Here in Europe people were very happy with the change to Dazn because the PPV modell is completly outdated, was hard to access for us and expensive.

Can someone explain me why americans are so butthurt about this? Is Espn+ more expensive for you or what? Over here Dazn costs only 10bucks per month and you get other sports as well.
Genuine question.

PPV events are now purchased through ESPN+ and it still costs $65. The only difference is now $5 of that monthly PPV amount goes towards your ESPN+ subscription, the additional $60 you get charged for per event.

It hasn't changed much for the American audience because the outrageous pricing scheme of $65/event is still in place for all the major events throughout the year. Some people find ESPN+ as an app, instead of delivery over cable, is more of a hassle.

I don't mind the delivery change to OTT other then ESPN+ having technical issues on a somewhat frequent basis.

ESPN deal gives the UFC a shit load of ironclad revenue. UFC is likely quite happy with the current situation and being associated with Disney and the power they possess.

PPV events are now purchased through ESPN+ and it still costs $65. The only difference is now $5 of that monthly PPV amount goes towards your ESPN+ subscription, the additional $60 you get charged for per event.

It hasn't changed much for the American audience because the outrageous pricing scheme of $65/event is still in place for all the major events throughout the year. Some people find ESPN+ as an app, instead of delivery over cable, is more of a hassle.

I don't mind the delivery change to OTT other then ESPN+ having technical issues on a somewhat frequent basis.
Wow that kinda sucks.

ESPN+ has to somewhat complicate the whole “Theres a UFC tonight? Let’s pitch in and order it!”

“Oh shoot we can’t order it on Satellite Dish or Comcast? What is ESPN+? How do we get it up on the big screen? Never mind!”

I can’t help but wonder, how manny times has this happened?

I think it’d be nice if we could choose between ESPN+ or good ol PPV. Why not both?

If UFC is doing good with ESPN+ then more power to them, but will they ever be able to top Conor/Khabib buys with this model?

I like my ESPN+, my only problem with espn+ is the availability to rewind without it freezing. Its a cheap service for $5 and soon it's going to be part of the disney+ w/Hulu.

Last edited:
Back