People in other counties should be more respectful of COMBAT sports Athletes *this aint soccer

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Some countries are great in hosting fights because the fans are not just educated about sports but also raised to be polite. Japan and Abu Dhabi have P4P better fans than U.S. by far because every fan attending is the equivalent of a green belt in sherdog raised by a normal family. They understand the maneuvers, and intracuacies of what the fighter is trying to do, as well as have empathy because they know these fighters are putting their bodies on the line.

Brazilian fans and Mexican fans are by far some of the worst because they treat the fights like a soccer matches. But in this sport you have a high risk of being injured. You don't kick a ball, you kick a head. So show some respect. What I mean by that is, yeah you can boo them, call them a bitch, etc. but when you start throwing shit at them, that's when it's gone too far.

Carla Esparza got shit thrown at her, cuz she won, and because she's a woman. Women in mexico get treated like shit. U.S. fans can be shitty too but at least they don't throw their Budweiser at you.

They should be respectful to Soccer (football) too.

They should be respectful full stop.

What surprises me is that the crowds concerned don't seem at all concerned with the broader reputation damage done to their country when they do things like this. Last night's crowd behaviour in MC was fucking atrocious, as was the behaviour in Brazil particularly re Silva v Cannonier. Fight fans are only one segment of their respective societies but they reflect so so badly on their countries as a whole.

Even as a British person I was pleasantly surprised by Masvidal getting a little cheer after decking Darren Till at the O2 London. I would have been completely fucking ashamed if they'd booed and thrown shit instead.

Right? USA! USA! USA!
giphy.gif

Some countries are great in hosting fights because the fans are not just educated about sports but also raised to be polite. Japan and Abu Dhabi have P4P better fans than U.S. by far because every fan attending is the equivalent of a green belt in sherdog raised by a normal family. They understand the maneuvers, and intracuacies of what the fighter is trying to do, as well as have empathy because they know these fighters are putting their bodies on the line.

Brazilian fans and Mexican fans are by far some of the worst because they treat the fights like a soccer matches. But in this sport you have a high risk of being injured. You don't kick a ball, you kick a head. So show some respect. What I mean by that is, yeah you can boo them, call them a bitch, etc. but when you start throwing shit at them, that's when it's gone too far.

Carla Esparza got shit thrown at her, cuz she won, and because she's a woman. Women in mexico get treated like shit. U.S. fans can be shitty too but at least they don't throw their Budweiser at you.

Americans throw batteries at athletes. Their budweiser is to precious.

I think being respectful or disrespectful is a subjective matter and I don't care much for shaming people into behaving a certain way. Fans are well within their rights to boo and be as obnoxious as they want. That said, throwing shit into the ring is where the line is crossed, especially when it escalates into throwing dangerous shit like beer bottles and whatnot. Not okay.

Even as a British person I was pleasantly surprised by Masvidal getting a little cheer after decking Darren Till at the O2 London. I would have been completely fucking ashamed if they'd booed and thrown shit instead.

And then he went and sucker punched Leon Edwards backstage..........

London isn't Liverpool and there weren't 20k Till fans there but it was a legitimate win so why would people do anything else? Every British fighter doesn't win on every British card, the crowd are fine with it,
Had that been Bisping vs Hendo in Manchester and it'd finished with Hendo eye poking Bisping and doing what Yair celebrating as if he'd won the fight then there would have been a riot too.

The strange thing about Mexico was that it wasn't their guy poked in the eye so I don't really get why they cared. Ok it was a NC after 5 mins and 15s but at least Yair didn't get sparked out which was probably how the fight was going to end.

How do they 'treat the fights like a soccer matches'? WTF does that even mean.

TS has clearly never watched a football (soccer) match. In terms of atmosphere there aren't any sports crowds anywhere better than football (soccer) crowds. US crowds for all sports are terrible. D-Fence, D-Fence, U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A, 'in the hole' for golf. 'Make some noise' and they do they just make fucking noise.

I've seen a MLB and NFL game live and they both sucked from a fan being at the stadium point of view, it was boring and went on forever with not much happening. There was no signing, chanting or anything at all to create an atmosphere.. If US MMA crowds were more like football (soccer) crowds then the events would be much better.

TS has clearly never watched a football (soccer) match. In terms of atmosphere there aren't any sports crowds anywhere better than football (soccer) crowds. US crowds for all sports are terrible. D-Fence, D-Fence, U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A, 'in the hole' for golf. 'Make some noise' and they do they just make fucking noise.

I've seen a MLB and NFL game live and they both sucked from a fan being at the stadium point of view, it was boring and went on forever with not much happening. There was no signing, chanting or anything at all to create an atmosphere.. If US MMA crowds were more like football (soccer) crowds then the events would be much better.
US fans are occupied with junk food during matches, can't chant.

I wasn't talking about chanting and being loud dawg. You shouldn't throw shit at athletes.

Right? USA! USA! USA!
giphy.gif

terrible analogy... your gif is of an american baseball team fan cheering for his CITY team vs another AMERICAN CITY....

it is NOT an american fan throwing objects and beer at a mexican woman because she it mexican..... that's what happened last night, mexican men threw beers on carla esparza because she was from a different country and beat a mexican fighter..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back