Maybe Some UFC Doctors Could Learn From The Tyson Fury Fight

DaysOfThunder

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I didn't think that the Angella Hill elbow caused a bad enough cut for that fight to be stopped. They said that it was on the eyebrow but it was on the forehead and there was not enough blood leaking into the eyes to prevent the fighter from seeing.
It's interesting to note that they had different doctors for different fights in Mexico.
In Angela Hill's fight, it was a female doctor and in Jeremy's case, it was a male doctor and he looked dazed and confused. He even tried to lift the eye lid and all I could think was, is the doctor going to give Jeremy another poke?
Where do they find these people?

I'm still really surprised that fury fight wasn't stopped. Seems like fights get stopped way too early in boxing

I'm still really surprised that fury fight wasn't stopped. Seems like fights get stopped way too early in boxing
I was shocked that wasn't stopped. Huge gash on the eyebrow and the eye lid, as well. Fury could have easily lost that eye. It's a miracle he went another 8 rounds without more damage.

Fury didn't want the fight stopped and his corner tried to vasoline it shut.

I almost felt like they let it continue as a favor to Fury because of the assclown trying to tear it open further with his glove.

That's some of the cheapest shit I've seen in a long time in a fight.

A cut on the eyebrow and a scratched cornea are 2 different animals

Fury didn't want the fight stopped and his corner tried to vasoline it shut.

I almost felt like they let it continue as a favor to Fury because of the assclown trying to tear it open further with his glove.

That's some of the cheapest shit I've seen in a long time in a fight.
Even my filthy casual wife thought that was a fucked up thing to do

He even tried to lift the eye lid and all I could think was, is the doctor going to give Jeremy another poke?
Where do they find these people?

He needed to examine the eyeball. You can't do that if the eyelid is closed. So...

Agree. Fury’s wasn’t the worst cut I’ve ever seen, but it was in the worst spot I’ve ever seen. Two gashes, one on the top of the eyebrow, and one BELOW the eyebrow.

I think there a good chance that would have been stopped if it had been a run-of-the-mill, non championship mma match.

Agree. Fury’s wasn’t the worst cut I’ve ever seen, but it was in the worst spot I’ve ever seen. Two gashes, one on the top of the eyebrow, and one BELOW the eyebrow.

I think there a good chance that would have been stopped if it had been a run-of-the-mill, non championship mma match.
I can't agree enough to this

I saw that and just assumed it was legal and legit in boxing — target the eye to try and get the cut to open up more.
I was referring to when the ref told them to separate and as they were he used the thumb to dig in at the cut. Not a punch or push but a deliberate act to open the cut more

I was referring to when the ref told them to separate and as they were he used the thumb to dig in at the cut. Not a punch or push but a deliberate act to open the cut more
oh yeah, i forgot about that one

Back