Revised Eyepoke Rule

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
Okay first of all, just want to say that there is usually a break after every eyepoke.
This gives the ref time to look at the big screen and see whether the eyepoke is an accident or on purpose.

Now lets differentiate between Accidental and Purposefully eyepoking someone.

Travis-Browne-vs-Matt-Mitrione-UFC-Fight-Night-81.jpg

When your opponent is attacking you, sometimes you stick your arm out to keep them away through instinct and your fingers happen to connect with their eyes. This constitutes as accidental.

Rule (accidental eyepoke):
an eyepoke is considered accidental only if the person that commited the eyepoke was being attacked.
If its an accidental eye poke
you get a point deducted, all the time. No, you dont get 3 free eyepokes anymore.

Yairs Eyepoke
GlossyLimpIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

DC's Eyepoke
giphy.gif

When your opponent is not attacking you, and you throw a strike with your fingers out.... this is not an instinct, this is a blatant purpose eyepoke.

Rule (purpose eyepoke):
an eyepoke is considered on purpose if the person that commited the eyepoke was not being attacked.

If the fighter that commited the eyepoke was not being attacked, that means they did not instinctively eyepoke tham by accident and thus therefor did it conciously and purposefully.
If a strike is thrown with the fingers out, you are DQ'd.
Not only that but you forfeit your entire purse to your opponent.

Last edited:
I think I like the attacked/not distinction, but you seem to have been driven insane by your rage. If the penalty for attacked is a warning and the penalty for not attacked is immediate point deduction, then I think that would be good.

Okay first of all, just want to say that there is usually a break after every eyepoke.
This gives the ref time to look at the big screen and see whether the eyepoke is an accident or on purpose.

Now lets differentiate between Accidental and Purposefully eyepoking someone.

Travis-Browne-vs-Matt-Mitrione-UFC-Fight-Night-81.jpg

When your opponent is attacking you, sometimes you stick your arm out to keep them away through instinct and your fingers happen to connect with their eyes. This constitutes as accidental.

Rule (accidental eyepoke):
an eyepoke is considered accidental only if the person that commited the eyepoke was being attacked.
If its an accidental eye poke
you get a point deducted, all the time. No, you dont get 3 free eyepokes anymore.

Yairs Eyepoke
GlossyLimpIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

DC's Eyepoke
giphy.gif

When your opponent is not attacking you, and you throw a strike with your fingers out.... this is not an instinct, this is a blatant purpose eyepoke.

Rule (purpose eyepoke):
an eyepoke is considered on purpose if the person that commited the eyepoke was not being attacked.

If the fighter that commited the eyepoke was not being attacked, that means they did not instinctively eyepoke tham by accident and thus therefor did it conciously and purposefully.
If a strike is thrown with the fingers out, you are DQ'd.
Not only that but you forfeit your entire purse to your opponent.
Not disputing the rules, but what if the fighter is sensing that they’re in the pocket and are imminently going to be attacked and they stick their fingers towards them to create time in order to safely get out of the pocket. Creates a gray area between these two rules, that combines elements of both, and I think that’s what happened here. I lean towards a DQ for Yair and a NC for Stephens as the most fair outcome under the circumstances.

Back