Grasso/Esparza is the perfect example of PRIDE scoring VS Unified rules

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
everyone with a brain knows PRIDE's rule-set/scoring (and even stuff like gloves, stalling etc) was the best MMA, far fewer and barely any robberies, no wall n stall and cage spams, etc

Grasso didnt take either of the first 2 rounds by the 10pt must system but couldve had a 10-8 in the 3rd. It couldve been a 28-28 draw or 29-28 Esparza decision which is what we got. With PRIDE scoring this wouldve been a UD for Grasso which is far more indicative of the actual fight

Grasso was far closer to finishing, hurt her a bunch of times and Carla did little to NO damage from any position and Grasso was never in danger. Grasso was all smiles and still able to go after the fight finished. Esparza was beat up and gasping for air on her stool and got the decision

horrible

These judges are scoring like it's 2012. I think US judges would have given it to Grasso.

Under the current rules I have no idea how it wasn't at least a unanimous draw

Go to bed with itchy butt
Wake up with smelly finger

Need the latest Grasso reaction to lost gif.

Por favor.

<GrassoBless>

Pretty sure that under unified rules that fight should have gone to Grasso. Judges sucked tonight but at least they rob their own guys lol.

Mexico you filthy animals
<CanYouSeeMeNow>

under new rules it COULD have gone to grasso, but no surprise, really

the new rules are closer to pride scoring than the old rules.

getting tired of these bullshit decisions, fix the fucking scoring system

Pride had some bad decisions as well, but I too prefer the old Pride rules and judging criteria. The rules truly didn't favor any particular style or discipline.

everyone with a brain knows PRIDE's rule-set/scoring (and even stuff like gloves, stalling etc) was the best MMA, far fewer and barely any robberies, no wall n stall and cage spams, etc

I've been saying that same thing forever. MMA is the only sport that took it's judging system from another sport (boxing) that's really nothing like it. Pride's system wasn't perfect either but judging fights as a whole is way better for MMA than what we have now. The ten-point system promotes points fighting.

4 takedowns and massive ride time>slight boxing advantage. You may disagree, but the only opinion that counts is the judges and they agree with me.

Sour grapes. Grasso clearly lost the first 10 minutes of the fight no matter how you look at it. Other than a jab/right hand in round two, she did nothing. The right girl won the fight. Go Carla!

What I couldn't figure out was why grasso didn't pull the trigger when she had Carla rocked. Even the commentators were wondering why grasso gave her a chance to recover

Kind of bizarre actually , even her corner were screaming at her to press

Back