How good is Yair ?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He went life and death with Alex Caceres {<jordan} and killed the corpse of BJ Penn<mma4> before he was widely considered beyond washed.

Is he a legit FW contender or is he a can...

Or somewhere in between.

<mma3>

Max Holloway once got a gift decision against Leonard Garcia. Fighters, particularly young inexperienced ones w/ tremendous physical athleticism, get better over time as they learn & mature.

Crazy I know.

Stephens is a big test... we will find out tomorrow the answer TS.

he's decent, just sucks that KZ got caught like that when he was literally 1 second away from winning.

A legitimately hard question to answer. Edgar beat me down and he's no spring chicken. I guess we'll find out soon.

For what it's worth I'll be rooting for Rodriguez.

Max Holloway once got a gift decision against Leonard Garcia. Fighters, particularly young inexperienced ones w/ tremendous physical athleticism, get better over time as they learn & mature.

Crazy I know.
Yeah but he's not that young. He's basically same age as Max and not even in same universe developmentally.

He isn't that good. Fringe top 10...

I predict he never fights for a title in ufc.

Yeah but he's not that young. He's basically same age as Max and not even in same universe developmentally.

He isn't that good. Fringe top 10...

I predict he never fights for a title in ufc.
He was 9-1 when he lost to Caceres, Max was 7-1 when he lost to Garcia.

No at all fighters have the same learning curve. That's why fighters like RDA, Lawler, Poirier, Hunt, Masvidal, etc make runs to the top in their 30s. Even after they get written off after each loss by critics like you.

Yair may never fight for the belt, but it's not because he doesn't have the physical tools to develop the proper skillset to do so. If he puts in the work he will get there. The guy went tit for tat w/ Zombie on 2 weeks notice. Sure he loses a split decision to a top 5 guy if he doesn't land that elbow, but he did.

He was 9-1 when he lost to Caceres, Max was 7-1 when he lost to Garcia.

No at all fighters have the same learning curve. That's why fighters like RDA, Lawler, Poirier, Hunt, Masvidal, etc make runs to the top in their 30s. Even after they get written off after each loss by critics like you.

Yair may never fight for the belt, but it's not because he doesn't have the physical tools to develop the proper skillset to do so. If he puts in the work he will get there. The guy went tit for tat w/ Zombie on 2 weeks notice. Sure he loses a split decision to a top 5 guy if he doesn't land that elbow, but he did.
So in his 30s when his physical assets die off....he's just magically going to develop into someone like you listed?

That doesn't make sense

He landed a huge last second KO shot against KZ after offering a high five and I hate him forever and hope he loses everything. I can't believe he did that to my boy.
RIP KZ

He is good. He is a #5 to #10 guy. Not sure he ever breaks top 5. He is great at what he does but as soon as you get someone who is determined to get it to the ground, he's in trouble. His best win was a hail Mary behind the back 6-12 elbow that clipped Zombie with 1 second left lol. He was a second away from losing. Would love to see him vs Aldo if he gets by Jeremy.

Stephens is a big test... we will find out tomorrow the answer TS.
KZ was the first big test. Yair is talented but he was seconds away from losing that fight and failing the test until the glorious elbow. This is Yair's second chance to really prove himself but I don't see him truly outclassing Stephens. Fun fight!

He is good. He is a #5 to #10 guy. Not sure he ever breaks top 5. He is great at what he does but as soon as you get someone who is determined to get it to the ground, he's in trouble. His best win was a hail Mary behind the back 6-12 elbow that clipped Zombie with 1 second left lol. He was a second away from losing. Would love to see him vs Aldo if he gets by Jeremy.

Aldo needs to retire dont do that to him

So in his 30s when his physical assets die off....he's just magically going to develop into someone like you listed?

That doesn't make sense
The physical prime of fighters go well into their 30s most of the time. DC, Stipe(who u surely wrote off after the Struve loss), Ngannou(who surely wrote off after Lewis) at HW. Santos & Smith who u surely wrote off after all their losses, didn't find their groove until their mid 30s. Jacare, Yoel, Anderson at MW. Woodley, GSP, Maia at WW. Ferguson, Poirier, Cerrone at LW. Yair has plenty of time to find his groove.

Physical assets don't die off in your 30s. Maybe The chin or the ability to pull the trigger does.

The physical prime of fighters go well into their 30s most of the time. DC, Stipe(who u surely wrote off after the Struve loss), Ngannou(who surely wrote off after Lewis) at HW. Santos & Smith who u surely wrote off after all their losses, didn't find their groove until their mid 30s. Yair has plenty of time to find his groove.

Physical assets don't die off in your 30s. Maybe The chin or the ability to pull the trigger does.
Science doesn't lie. You drop off as your 30s go on.

Obviously there are outliers. But Yair literally bases everything off his physical gifts. His spinning shit and everything striking wise he succeeds based on that athleticism....yes there's a ton of skill but it's not the type of skillset that ages well.

And your little attitude is funny....you type like a girl with those little sarcastic assumptions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back