Lower ranked fighters who could be trouble for top ranked guys

JoeyJoeJoeJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Who is a lower ranked fighter who could be a bad matchup for a higher ranked fighter?

Ill give an example.

I think David Teymur could potentially be a very bad matchup for Conor McGregor. Both have limited ground games, and are primarily strikers with TDD. I think Teymur is a bit bigger, can take a bigger beating, and has better striking than Conor. He is not ranked in the top 10, and he lost his last fight by submission.

Although Teymur is relatively unknown, I think based on styles he could knock Conor out. Hes 29-2 in kickboxing and I think he would chew Conor up on the feet, especially after Conor gets tired.

Do you guys see any lower ranked fighters that could potentially beat a top guy based on style?

Last edited:
Ok David Teymur, we know its you. Just reveal yourself now. Cut the crap. We are smart enough to spot this hidden self promotion thing

Usman doesn't want none of CM Punk.

Seems like you just wanted to make a conor thread lol

I think old man #14 Faber could give some of the top guys trouble. Don't know how he'd do at this age in a 5 rounder

Seems like you just wanted to make a conor thread lol

I think old man #14 Faber could give some of the top guys trouble. Don't know how he'd do at this age in a 5 rounder

Nah it was just the first example I could think of.

Gregor Gillespie, beats everyone at 155 not named Khabib..

Gregor Gillespie, beats everyone at 155 not named Khabib..

Not even sure if I should buy into the Gregor hype yet. I want to see him vs Islam because they seem to be the two rising contenders / dark horses. Islam is chinny but he has insane TDD and grappling

Who is a lower ranked fighter who could be a bad matchup for a higher ranked fighter?

Ill give an example.

I think David Teymur could potentially be a very bad matchup for Conor McGregor. Both have limited ground games, and are primarily strikers with TDD. I think Teymur is a bit bigger, can take a bigger beating, and has better striking than Conor. He is not ranked in the top 10, and he lost his last fight by submission.

Although Teymur is relatively unknown, I think based on styles he could knock Conor out. Hes 29-2 in kickboxing and I think he would chew Conor up on the feet, especially after Conor gets tired.

Do you guys see any lower ranked fighters that could potentially beat a top guy based on style?

teymur got outstriked by charles oliveira.

mmmm.... higher ranked guy? How Conor is ranked where he is is laughable.

Can't we talk about guys who actually fight?

On to the topic, maybe Ponzi could pose some problems. Though he is ranked in the top 10 already.

Curious to see what Zabit does fighting higher level guys

teymur got outstriked by charles oliveira.

I don't remember that fight tbh, but I know I saw it. Oliviera does wild shit that Conor can't do though. Conor is good at what he does, but his style is predictable imo. Conor also has no threat of the ground game, as where Oliviera is a killer on the ground.

Teymur likely has fought and beat much better versions of Conor throughout his kickboxing career.

Of course, he could still lose, but who knows. I could be completely wrong. I think it would be a great fight though.

Last edited:
Hakeem Dawado or however it's spelled.

Men
:meow:

FlyW : Raulian Paiva (18-3)
BW : Danaa Batgerel (6-2)
FW : Suman Mokhtarian (8-1)
LW : Fares Ziam (10-3)
WW : Hector Aldana (4-2)
MW : Adam Yandiev (9-1)
LHW : Dequan Townsend (18-8)
HW : Sergey Spivak (9-1)

Women
{<RR}
SW : Amanda Ribas (7-1)
FlyW : Diana Belbita (11-4)
BW : Liana Jojua (7-3)
FW : Zarah Dos Santos (6-2)

Ill give an example.

David Teymur is a very underated fighter. He has excellent leg kicks, throws them with vertually any telegraphing. Excellent stamina during 3 round fights. Agreed he would definitely beat Conor (as would a lot of the top 15).

Ill give an example.

Dude, Teymur got outstruck and was hurt multiple time by Oliveira. I am not even a Conor dickrider but Mcgregor would KO him in the 1st.

With that said, I think Gregor Gillespie would give anyone in the top 10 a really tough fight.

Dude, Teymur got outstruck and was hurt multiple time by Oliveira. I am not even a Conor dickrider but Mcgregor would KO him in the 1st.

With that said, I think Gregor Gillespie would give anyone in the top 10 a really tough fight.

Conor got outstruck by khabib

Soon as Abdul Razak Alhassan beats his rape charge he'll be champ!

#Alhassan 2029

Finally, a thread not about Con...........

Damn it

Back