Media Natty GOAT Paulo Costa closing in on 500k IG followers and stacking up that sponsor cash

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
b b b but you can't get sponsors with Reebok

source.gif

well.. if he could wear one of those sponsors inside the actual cage then he would make a shitload more

well.. if he could wear one of those sponsors inside the actual cage then he would make a shitload more

lol no, posting about a product to 500,000 people who know and like him > maybe reaching 500,000 casuals if the card is stacked. Social media is where the sponsor money is at these days. Catch up old man.

Yea that was criminal. In some cases fighters were making more then their show+win money off sponsors alone. That Dynamic Fastener guy was cool and helped a lot of fighters out.

lol no, posting about a product to 500,000 people who know and like him > maybe reaching 500,000 casuals if the card is stacked. Social media is where the sponsor money is at these days. Catch up old man.

Is that why soccer jerseys are plastered with ads? Why hockey rinks and boards are plastered with ads?

It's the big thing to sponsor on instagram because it is usual a low cost high reward strategy. You think the companies who sponsor Costa wouldn't LOVE to be shown inside the fucking UFC octagon?

Is that why soccer jerseys are plastered with ads? Why hockey rinks and boards are plastered with ads?

It's the big thing to sponsor on instagram because it is usual a low cost high reward strategy. You think the companies who sponsor Costa wouldn't LOVE to be shown inside the fucking UFC octagon?
Soccer reaches billions of viewers, Hockey has many games throughout the year. Costa will be lucky to reach 250-500k people 3x a year in the ring. On Instagram he can reach 500,000 people every time he posts. Again you are stuck in the old UFC days where there was no social media, their audience was reached via commercials and in ring logos ONLY. This article has him in the $6,000-$10,000 PER POST / PER SPONSOR range. He just cashed nearly 100k posting that photo.

image1-e1554924768672.png

The questions is are any of those sponsors going to help his cardio out? Dudes 28 going on 65. Didn’t look so hot in there with old man Romero. Good on him getting that money outside of Reebok though. Well all know these fighters need all the extra money they can get through sponsorships.

That oughta buy lots of acai so he can maintain those #nattygains

I am really curious how the numbers are with "followers" (the word itself describes how stupid the idea is) buying these products?

Imo you have to be braindead to buy something with this reasoning. Guy gets paid to tell me product A is superduper oook I will go and buy A.o_O

I am really curious how the numbers are with "followers" (the word itself describes how stupid the idea is) buying these products?

Imo you have to be braindead to buy something with this reasoning. Guy gets paid to tell me product A is superduper oook I will go and buy A.o_O
that's how basically all marketing works lol

Nah man. Schaub said that some fighters were getting 100k$ each fight with their sponsors. How much are they getting with reebok? What's the highest salary ever? Probably conor? I doubt he did 100k from reebok on one fight though, with normal sponsors he'd do much more than a 100 though.

and how many of those followers are real?

Nah man. Schaub said that some fighters were getting 100k$ each fight with their sponsors. How much are they getting with reebok? What's the highest salary ever? Probably conor? I doubt he did 100k from reebok on one fight though, with normal sponsors he'd do much more than a 100 though.
that was years ago m8

here is one case study

Influencer Marketing ROI Blows Online Advertising Out of the Water
The results of this program for Silk Almond Milk were staggering.

• Influencer Marketing generates as much as 11X banner ad ROI
  • Households exposed to influencer marketing purchased 10% more Silk products than the control group
  • Each 1000 people viewing influencer marketing purchased $285 worth of Silk products over the control group
https://www.convinceandconvert.com/...ast/the-shocking-roi-of-influencer-marketing/

that's how basically all marketing works lol

Not really. In general its a lot more subtle or professional. Companies want athletes be associated with their product, a picture, create a story, a word or any other amalgam between the two. Marketing is a lot more complex in its psychological triggering.

F.e. you watch football and enjoy the game while seing a brand at the sides. Thats working and powerful.

But like here a fighter showing some stupid image with a boring bland T-Shirt and writing @funkydickaftershave @stitchesforbitcheswhiskey
is marketing for braindeads. I am really curious how the numbers are. My guess is very low.

And would conor get more being exposure and more ROI from ~1 million people who watched his PPV or posting directly to the 32 million people who follow him and are fans of his? Think about what you are saying.

that was years ago m8
L O L
Exactly, that was years ago. Think about how much would they make now
How in the world are you trying to tell me that somehow they were making much more money on sponsorship back then than they would do now?

Not really. In general its a lot more subtle or professional. Companies want athletes be associated with their product, a picture, create a story, a word or any other amalgam between the two. Marketing is a lot more complex in its psychological triggering.

F.e. you watch football and enjoy the game while seing a brand at the sides. Thats working and powerful.

But like here a fighter showing some stupid image with a boring bland T-Shirt and writing @funkydickaftershave @stitchesforbitcheswhiskey
is marketing for braindeads. I am really curious how the numbers are. My guess is very low.
This is him just showing off his sponsors, he has other posts where he actually posts about or is using a product like a typical influencer post, I already gave you one example of a case study with Silk

here is one case study

Influencer Marketing ROI Blows Online Advertising Out of the Water
The results of this program for Silk Almond Milk were staggering.

• Influencer Marketing generates as much as 11X banner ad ROI
  • Households exposed to influencer marketing purchased 10% more Silk products than the control group
  • Each 1000 people viewing influencer marketing purchased $285 worth of Silk products over the control group
https://www.convinceandconvert.com/...ast/the-shocking-roi-of-influencer-marketing/

If thats really how dumb people are nowadays I stand corrected.

Back