Minus Tony Ferguson - any dark horses that you think could beat Khabib?

VenomCarnage

R.I.P. FRANKIENYC
@Brown
Reaction score
Share your thoughts folks.

I personally always say Kevin Lee, but I've genuinely had to reconsider that prediction as of late. I still reckon Kevin could get him down and I think Kevin could do some good work down there, but I wouldn't have faith in his ability to stop the wrestling coming back the other way.

Gaethje is also a good shout.

Anyone else!?

Tiramisu, the 5th dimension and gotrunks after training in the hyperbolic time chamber

Those are my 2 top picks as well.
Ortega if he moves up - I do think ppl overestimate his ground game though.
Also Cowboy due to his good TDD and BJJ.

The best matchups for Khabib are at 170, and it's not unreasonable to make them. He's a big 155, and plenty of smaller guys from 170 are the same size. Best fight? Colby Covington. If Colby could counter well and even just stay on his feat, his absurd pace would be very interesting to see with Khabib.

Overeem imo
Overeem the true dark horse in any division.

alistair_overeem_half_horse_mmanews.jpg

I personally always say Kevin Lee, but I've genuinely had to reconsider that prediction as of late. I still reckon Kevin could get him down and I think Kevin could do some good work down there, but I wouldn't have faith in his ability to stop the wrestling coming back the other way.

Anyone else!?

Kevin Lee is absolute wank you clown :-D

I don’t think Khabib can beat anybody else in the top 15 apart from the guys he’s already beaten.

Tony has a totally different style, Gillespie might be able to Khabib tho.

Styles make fights. Khabib is one dimensional. Many fighters can beat Khabib. Problem is most of them wont get shot.

Coby Covington: literal nightmare for Khabib. Fights at a pace Khabib wont be able to sustain. Far Superior Striker with uber high level ground game which will render Khabibs ground game obsolete. Easy win for King Colby but Khabib wouldnt take this fight in a million years.

Usman: another nightmare fighting style for Khabib. Larger stronger faster. It would be game over for Khabib.

Justin Gaethje: pretty much a far superior version of Raging Al who make Khabib look average at best.

Those 3 are for sure L's on Khabibs padded record.

Here are the maybes.

Nate Diaz: extremely underrated ground game and often overlooked because of his very misleading record. And dont say RDA cause he fought a roided heavier RDA. Styles make fights. Nate Diaz has superior tested cardio. He fights at unsustainable pace for most fighters. Far superior standup...he smoked Cowboy and Michael Johnson. He also has iron chin which Khabib cant break.

I truly believe after he bish slaps Khabib in front of world...Khabib will foolishly be lured into a standup war to which Khabib will not be able to endure.

Kevin Lee: truly has ability to beat Khabib but dont know if he has the heart.

Eddie Alverez: another poor matchup but sometimes folds under pressure when stakes are high.

GSP.

Last edited:
At LW only Tony.
Maybe Gethje with insane KO if he works on TDD seriously.

At WW - Colby, GSP.

I have always wanted to see Khabib vs Eddie. His experience, size/strength and well-roundedness would probably be difficult for Khabib. However, Khabib keeps on acting like a modern Fedor, and makes guys that we think will be challenging look like amateurs... so maybe he would dominate Eddie too.

Anyone else!?
Tony Ferguson a dark horse?

Neigh

I'm convinced Gaethje will KO Khabib if he gets past Tony.

Styles make fights. Khabib is one dimensional. Many fighters can beat Khabib. Problem is most of them wont get shot.

Coby Covington: literal nightmare for Khabib. Fights at a pace Khabib wont be able to sustain. Far Superior Striker with uber high level ground game which will render Khabibs ground game obsolete. Easy win for King Colby but Khabib wouldnt take this fight in a million years.

Usman: another nightmare fighting style for Khabib. Larger stronger faster. It would be game over for Khabib.

Justin Gaethje: pretty much a far superior version of Raging Al who make Khabib look average at best.

Those 3 are for sure L's on Khabibs padded record.

Here are the maybes.

Nate Diaz: extremely underrated ground game and often overlooked because of his very misleading record. And dont say RDA cause he fought a roided heavier RDA. Styles make fights. Nate Diaz has superior tested cardio. He fights at unsustainable pace for most fighters. Far superior standup...he smoked Cowboy and Michael Johnson. He also has iron chip which Khabib cant break.

I truly believe after he bish slaps Khabib in front of world...Khabib will foolishly be lured into a standup war to which Khabib will not be able to endure.

Kevin Lee: truly has ability to beat Khabib but dont know if he has the heart.

Eddie Alverez: another poor matchup but sometimes folds under pressure when stakes are high.

GSP.

After "easy win for King Colby" I stopped reading. Get a grip dude, you sound stupid.

I'm telling ya ( and have been). Charlie has filled out that frame and is looking nasty.....and we all know his ground credentials. I dont know if he upsets bhibster but I rate him more of a chance than Justin. I really want to see Gaejthe vs D' bronx cause gaejthe will be a 2-1 favorite and I'll laugh my way to book with my +170 on Charles.
- watch -

Lol you clowns need to stop bringing up Lee. It's over.

Back