Who does Justin beat?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Coming Soon: The Most Violent Fighter in the UFC vs. The Most Successful

Sherdog.com:

Justin Gaethje might as well be swinging Thor’s hammer. The former World Series of Fighting titleholder inched ever closer to an elusive shot at the Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight crown, as he dusted Donald Cerrone with a counter right hand and follow-up punches in the first round of their UFC Fight Night 158 main event on Saturday at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia. Cerrone met his end 4:18 into Round 1, and despite his initial protest, he soon seemed to conclude that the stoppage was just.

Gaethje zeroed in on his opponent’s lead leg while cutting loose with hooks and uppercuts to the head. Late in the first round, Cerrone charged forward and walked into a right hook from the Trevor Wittman protégé. The impact briefly dropped “Cowboy” and left him susceptible to further punishment. Gaethje closed the distance and uncorked a pair of right uppercuts before driving Cerrone to a kneeling position with another right hook. A few more punches followed until referee Jerin Valel had seen enough.

In the aftermath of UFC Fight Night “Cowboy vs. Gaethje,” here are five matches that ought to be made:

Justin Gaethje vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov-Tony Ferguson Winner

A little more than two years after he made his Octagon debut, Gaethje could be closing in on an opportunity to fight for the undisputed UFC lightweight championship. The 30-year-old Safford, Arizona, native has rebounded from consecutive losses to Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier with three straight first-round finishes, affirming his place as one of the company’s premier competitors at 155 pounds.

Where he goes from here remains to be seen, but the options for Gaethje appear to include former champion Conor McGregor. While not yet announced, expectations have Nurmagomedov defending the lightweight crown against Ferguson in the coming months.

Read more at https://www.sherdog.com/news/articl...FC-Fight-Night-158-161813#lFlX2CBGYLTkTKL6.99

Last edited:
Sherdog.com:

Justin Gaethje might as well be swinging Thor’s hammer. The former World Series of Fighting titleholder inched ever closer to an elusive shot at the Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight crown, as he dusted Donald Cerrone with a counter right hand and follow-up punches in the first round of their UFC Fight Night 158 main event on Saturday at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia. Cerrone met his end 4:18 into Round 1, and despite his initial protest, he soon seemed to conclude that the stoppage was just.

Gaethje zeroed in on his opponent’s lead leg while cutting loose with hooks and uppercuts to the head. Late in the first round, Cerrone charged forward and walked into a right hook from the Trevor Wittman protégé. The impact briefly dropped “Cowboy” and left him susceptible to further punishment. Gaethje closed the distance and uncorked a pair of right uppercuts before driving Cerrone to a kneeling position with another right hook. A few more punches followed until referee Jerin Valel had seen enough.

In the aftermath of UFC Fight Night “Cowboy vs. Gaethje,” here are five matches that ought to be made:

A little more than two years after he made his Octagon debut, Gaethje could be closing in on an opportunity to fight for the undisputed UFC lightweight championship. The 30-year-old Safford, Arizona, native has rebounded from consecutive losses to Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier with three straight first-round finishes, affirming his place as one of the company’s premier competitors at 155 pounds.

Where he goes from here remains to be seen, but the options for Gaethje appear to include former champion Conor McGregor. While not yet announced, expectations have Nurmagomedov defending the lightweight crown against Ferguson in the coming months.

Read more at https://www.sherdog.com/news/articl...FC-Fight-Night-158-161813#lFlX2CBGYLTkTKL6.99
I dont see justins wrestling 20 years ago as a factor in the khabib fight. i see khabib getting the takedowns with ease.

i can see tony knocked out stiff with gaethjes power. hes chinny.

Can't see Gaethje being able to continuously stop Khabib's takedowns, didn't he get taken down by Michael Johnson in their fight?

I'd favour Tony to win but Gaethje hits hard and Tony does like to block punches with his face early on

Why is he the most violent fighter in the UFC ?

He does the same shit everyone else does.

Khabib beats them both imo..

Tony vs Gaethje would be epic...

The Most Violent Fighter in the UFC Prepares for War

Sherdog.com:

Would rather see Gaethje Conor in the interim...He can at least make some money in the interim as he waits the 12-18 months for the Khabib Ferguson winner....If not longer..

The reporters asked Gaethje who would win in a fight between him and Nurmagomedov, and “The Highlight's" answer might surprise you.

“He probably beats me if you put it on paper,” Gaethje said. “But I hit so hard, I kick so hard, I’m so athletic. The way you stop a takedown in wrestling is to meet force with force. You don’t try to go away. I won’t touch the cage. If he’s going to take me down, it’s going to be in the middle. But he’s going to get his leg kicked before he even gets a shot off.”

Could see him beat Khabib..maybe once in every 20 tries.

But Tony would be just a nightmare for Gaethje...can't see him ever winning that unless Tony has some huge drop-off due to age/insanity.

Gaethje vs Diaz would be fun... guaranteed Diaz loses his leg.

I think he has a punchers chance against Khabib at best.

Tony I'd give him a solid 45% chance of beating.

neither, the dude has no cardio, for both khabib and tony you need great cardio to at least put them in trouble

Khabib and Ferguson are a level above everyone else in the division..

Tony is getting screwed again... lol at Khabibs goat claims. Just a cherry picker like the rest of them. This is Ridiculous. Tony Ferguson is the most ducked, non-promoted fighter in MMA history. I already laid out the reasons why. Khabib isnt scared of Tony but stop acting like you have and don't need money, Khabib. Stop talking about legacy. "Tony is next, Tony deserves it." - Khabib on several videos in the last two weeks. He does whatever Dana and Ali tell him to do.

Real Goat Shit right there. Let Gaethje fight Tony first. If it actually has to come down to that. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back