Paul Felder to take the W?

MMAMAX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I love Paul Felder. Dude is an absolute beast and he's tough as nails. Such an easy guy to root for. Do y'all think he'll get the W? Might be worth a cheeky bet on him to win outright.

I see no reason this fight is anything different to last time

It’s also why I have no interest in it

Yes, I think he's both evolved more and taken less damage than Barboza.. but only time will tell.

No, he already lost once Barboza is better everywhere.

Better everywhere? What makes you say that? Barboza doesn't fight everywhere, he fights at kicking range and that's that.

I have bet Felder, but I see it as a 50/50 fight. Always makes sense to take the fog in a 50/50 fight

I'd like to see Felder be more aggressive. His last fight was whatever, very different from his fights with Oliviera and Ray.

Felder needs to have a great game plan. The fight against Vick showed us Felder is a good fighter, now he needs to show us hes a great fighter

I have already spoke about this fight in another thread, so I'll just repost it here...

Barboza/Felder 1 - God damn did Felder take the full power heel to the cock and balls from a spinning back kick in round one and didn't even take the full 5 minutes break.

Felder goes for that spinning back fist 5 or 6 times in the first round, its something he still has in his arsenal but it's not something he just throws over any more.

The rest of the fight plays out from kicking range and is essentially a muay thai bout.

My biggest take away from this fight is the experience gap, Felder is in just his third UFC fight, for Barboza it was his 13th. Felder should have never been in there with Barboza so soon, a massive jump in competition and fighting an elite striker in his prime.

For me what's changed since that fight is obviously the experience gap. Felder's had a lot more fights now, he's rounded out his game and fights a lot smarter, not just spinning over and over. Felder has a decent pressure game now, mixes in the clinch and grappling work much better too.

Since that fight Barboza has kind of been exposed as dangerous when he gets to play his game but predictable and limited when forced to fight out of his comfort zone. He's had some tough match ups and has fought the better competition, but hes also lost to that better competition, and is no doubt a gate keeper to the top 5.

Even though Felder is the older man he's got less fight miles on him, been in less wars, has evolved and added to his game much more.

Barzoza is coming off two prolonged one sided beat downs and getting knocked out, with a little stop gap in the middle to beat up Dan Hooker who had the worst possible gameplan to fight Barboza. Felder on the other hand has one recent loss, a close split decision which he managed to get with one arm, and is coming off of a big dominant win.

If Felder is stupid he stands and bangs and he loses. If Felder comes in prepared and uses all of his weapons and the correct gameplan he wins a clear decision.

Edit - Forgot to add how much Felder's hands have improved, left hook counter against Vick was very nice. He also slips very well now too. He could actually hurt Barboza at boxing range, and he did swell Barboza's eye up early in the first fight with a punch

I have already spoke about this fight in another thread, so I'll just repost it here...

Barboza/Felder 1 - God damn did Felder take the full power heel to the cock and balls from a spinning back kick in round one and didn't even take the full 5 minutes break.

Felder goes for that spinning back fist 5 or 6 times in the first round, its something he still has in his arsenal but it's not something he just throws over any more.

The rest of the fight plays out from kicking range and is essentially a muay thai bout.

My biggest take away from this fight is the experience gap, Felder is in just his third UFC fight, for Barboza it was his 13th. Felder should have never been in there with Barboza so soon, a massive jump in competition and fighting an elite striker in his prime.

For me what's changed since that fight is obviously the experience gap. Felder's had a lot more fights now, he's rounded out his game and fights a lot smarter, not just spinning over and over. Felder has a decent pressure game now, mixes in the clinch and grappling work much better too.

Since that fight Barboza has kind of been exposed as dangerous when he gets to play his game but predictable and limited when forced to fight out of his comfort zone. He's had some tough match ups and has fought the better competition, but hes also lost to that better competition, and is no doubt a gate keeper to the top 5.

Even though Felder is the older man he's got less fight miles on him, been in less wars, has evolved and added to his game much more.

Barzoza is coming off two prolonged one sided beat downs and getting knocked out, with a little stop gap in the middle to beat up Dan Hooker who had the worst possible gameplan to fight Barboza. Felder on the other hand has one recent loss, a close split decision which he managed to get with one arm, and is coming off of a big dominant win.

If Felder is stupid he stands and bangs and he loses. If Felder comes in prepared and uses all of his weapons and the correct gameplan he wins a clear decision.

Edit - Forgot to add how much Felder's hands have improved, left hook counter against Vick was very nice. He also slips very well now too. He could actually hurt Barboza at boxing range, and he did swell Barboza's eye up early in the first fight with a punch
Haven't ever said this on here but that's some high level analysis. Well done. Better than the MMA writers IMO.

Yes, I think he's both evolved more and taken less damage than Barboza.. but only time will tell.

We are never sure of anything in this modern world, people are banned for 30 days, USADA has taken over the game, there's whisky everywhere...

Felder had been fighting professionally for 3 and a half years when they first fought. That was over 4 years ago. I doubt it'll play out the same.

Barboza by vicious kicks. It will be so fun to watch also painful.

Felder needs to have a great game plan. The fight against Vick showed us Felder is a good fighter, now he needs to show us hes a great fighter

Back