DC's loss & its effect on Khabib

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Javier said Khabib chose to stand up more than his corner liked in the Iaquinta and Conor fights. Javier said he kept telling khabib "go back to father plan!" In the latter rounds against Al.

DC got cocky and did the same against Stipe, didnt listen to his corner and abandoned his wrestling after round one, except he lost because of it.

After seeing what happened to DC I think Khabib will focus even more on a wrestling-heavy gameplan than to try to stand against Poirier.

Do u think the DC loss has any affect on how Khabib will fight Poirier?

Adulmanap will be in Khabib's corner..

He'll stick to the gameplan or face the consequences.
<36>

Khabib will be Khabib. He is gonna resstle for 2 rounds then try a spining kick on Poirier in the 3rd/4th.

I doubt Khabib is effected by it.

All AKA has been KOed BAD, really BAD this year, khabib will shoot for the legs in the first 30 seconds

DC got demolished by a much better fighter

UncomfortableInfatuatedBoa-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

How long was Al a ufc champion for?? Yeah i thought so.. Fighters will do as they please.. their coach isn't the one in the octagon.. so stfu with this childish stupidity.

Don't go full retard.

<{katwhu}>
DC is, or was (before he was exposed), the most overrated fighter in all of MMA.

No head movement, no cardio, and soundly outwrestled by Stipe, Jones, and Gus.

His "win" over Stipe is the biggest fluke in MMA history; it was aided tremendously by his intentional eye pokes.

People are reaching here lol DP has no chance in this fight at all.

DC got demolished by a much better fighter

UncomfortableInfatuatedBoa-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

No, he was actually dominating but then got too cocky, didn't wrestle, had his hands down and got caught.

DC and Stipe are 1-1 in fights but DC won almost all rounds combined.

People are reaching here lol DP has no chance in this fight at all.

To be clear, I dont think DP has much chance either way, practically no chance if khabib sticks to wrestling.

No don't worry. Khabib is beyond letting something like that affect him.

Alhamdulillah or what?

Khabib is 10X the fighter DC is so no need to worry.

as much as I like dc, I tend to agree with you...dc doesn't have the cardio khabib has...and hasn't been vulnerable on the feet...nobody has yet to hurt khabib standing...and he's gone against some big bangers... obviously I think you're exaggerating a tad...

Last edited:
No, he was actually dominating but then got too cocky, didn't wrestle, had his hands down and got caught.

DC and Stipe are 1-1 in fights but DC won almost all rounds combined.

both the 2nd and 3rd rounds were very very close...and stipe simply changed tactics..this wasn't a fluke one punch, hail mary punch..it was a calculated body attack that made dc helpless...and then he got finished...dc was not even close to dominating this fight...Id give dc either a 3-0 or a 2-1 advantage, going into the 4th...but the rounds were very close, after the 1st...if the fight ended at 3, dc would have won..but this is a title fight and it goes 5 rounds..and dc lost...simple as that....at that point, dc was too gassed to wrestle...that's why he didn't go for any takedowns...

Tbf even khabib wouldnt believe hes 10x the fighter as DC. He respects him a lot and DC is about the same height but much older than Khabib.

as much as I like dc, I tend to agree with you...dc doesn't have the cardio khabib has...and hasn't been vulnerable on the feet...nobody has yet to hurt khabib standing...and he's gone against some big bangers...
Michael Johnson had Khabib rocked and wobbling, would have won that fight if he had any kind of gas tank to push after rocking him.

Michael Johnson had Khabib rocked and wobbling, would have won that fight if he had any kind of gas tank to push after rocking him.

honestly, he didn't have khabib rocked at all....I thought he did also...till i watched it again...that was just khabib moving the way he moves...he's a straight up fighter...he doesn't bob and weave...he leans back away from punches...and when khabib go caught his head went back...but he was never hurt...stunned maybe...but not hurt...not how define hurt anyways.

Back