Ngannou will KO Stipe in the rematch

LeVagabond

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know I am maybe in a minority, but I "objectively" believe Ngannou will KO Stipe in the rematch, Ngannou first performance against Stipe is not representative of ngannou's lvl, indeed in their first fight ngannou made a lot of stupid mistakes which proved his lack of experience :

- came to the fight overweight ( he had to cut weight to make 265, WTF ? )
- didn't train cardio, because he was convinced he will KO stipe
- because of his overconfidence, he changed the way he usually fight, indeed ngannou by nature is a counter striker ( a bit like a heavyweight version of conor ) and prefers to let his opponent make the first step, capitalize on the possible openings and win the fight, however in the first fight francis ran at stipe like a fucking BULL ( it was entertaining though ) and was throwing punches in the air without thinking or waiting for stipe to make a mistake.
- Even though it was a very BAD performance by ngannou, stipe's head was very damaged ... ( he kept a black eye for months ... )
Stipe-Miocic.jpg

Now, the two fighters are not the same than in 2018 :

- Ngannou lost a lot of weights, his body is now better suited for MMA
- According to his camp, he follows a strict cardio training
- He showed an improved takedown defense, by stuffing takedowns from cain and blaydes, who are both better wrestlers than stipe
- Ngannou gained experience, and will wait for stipe to make a mistake, like he did against all his opponents this past yearb ( in all his career actually, exept the fight against stipe )
- Stipe, this last 3 fights, took A LOT of damage, and he is near 40 years old, I would not have a lot of confidence on Stipe's chin this time ...
- DC and JDS have showed that stipe doesn't deal well with leg kicks, leg kicks that are a new weapon on francis arsenal...

For all these reasons, I believe Francis SHOULD beat Stipe.

Last edited:
Stipe's immigrant mentality is stronger than Francis's

No. Still not sold on Ngannou.
He hasn't shown anything that proves he can beat Stipe or that he has made any sort of "improvement".
Stipe 50-45

TS' "he wasn't smart in the first fight but will be in the 2nd" logic only seems to apply to the fighter he prefers. lol fail

If he don't gas . Imagine he wins we'll see a rubber match f that

TS' "he wasn't smart in the first fight but will be in the 2nd" logic only applies to the fighter he prefers. lol fail
stipe's first fight, was perfect, what do you think stipe can do better ? ngannou is the one who made all the mistakes, I knew my opinion was in minority, but I gave pretty compelling arguments ...

stipe's first fight, was perfect, what do you think stipe can do better ? ngannou is the one who made all the mistakes, I knew my opinion was in minority, but I gave pretty compelling arguments ...
There hasn't been anything showing Francis could hold up for more than 2 rounds since his Stipe fight. The rest of your post is weight/attitude excuses and you not being able to acknowledge Stipe won while taking damage and you hoping Francis will improve his game at 32. Not very compelling.

There hasn't been anything showing Francis could hold up for more than 2 rounds since his Stipe fight. The rest of your post is weight/attitude excuses and you not being able to acknowledge Stipe won while taking damage and you hoping Francis will improve his game at 32. Not very compelling.
those are not attitude excuses but facts, francis was overwieghts, and did change his counter striker style for a bull style à la costa, which doesn't suite him.
I agree with you nothing proves than now francis could stand more than 2 rounds, but nothing prove he could not either ...now about francis age, this is such a dumb argument man ... dc started MMA at what ? 33, 34 years old, don't you think he improved his game tremendously since then ? same for yoel etc... So of course ngannou can improve his game, and he did ( leg kicks shown, 2 takedown defenses ... )
You said it yourself " stipe won by taking damage ", this is not the best gameplan against ngannou after 2 wars against DC ( and bad KO ) and at 37 years old ...

those are not attitude excuses but facts, francis was overwieghts, and did change his counter striker style for a bull style à la costa, which doesn't suite him.
I agree with you nothing proves than now francis could stand more than 2 rounds, but nothing prove he could not either ...now about francis age, this is such a dumb argument man ... dc started MMA at what ? 33, 34 years old, don't you think he improved his game tremendously since then ? same for yoel etc... So of course ngannou can improve his game, and he did ( leg kicks shown, 2 takedown defenses ... )
You said it yourself " stipe won by taking damage ", this is not the best gameplay against ngannou after 2 wars against DC ( and bad KO ) and at 37 years old ...
Nowhere near the type of athlete as the names you've mentioned, pretty insulting. You're still hoping.

Nowhere near the type of athlete as the names you've mentioned, pretty insulting. You're still hoping.
that is just your opinion, athleticism is not just stamina or agility, it is also power, strength, speed, reflexes ( some abilities ngannou has ) etc saying that ngannou is not an as good athlete as Daniel cormier is pretty dumb, ngannou is just not the same kind of athlete as daniel cormier, just like colby covington is not the same kind of athlete as tyron woodley for exemple, so there is nothing "insulting" ...
But the idea that an MMA fighter who is 32 years old can not improve his game is just wrong and they are many exemples threw history ( add to this the fact that ngannou started MMA relatively late in his life ).

I know I am maybe in a minority, but I "objectively" believe Ngannou will KO Stipe in the rematch, Ngannou first performance against Stipe is not representative of ngannou's lvl, indeed in their first fight ngannou made a lot of stupid mistakes which proved his lack of experience :

- came to the fight overweight ( he had to cut weight to make 265, WTF ? )
- didn't train cardio, because he was convinced he will KO stipe
- because of his overconfidence, he changed the way he usually fight, indeed ngannou by nature is a counter striker ( a bit like a heavyweight version of conor ) and prefers to let his opponent make the first step, capitalize on the possible openings and win the fight, however in the first fight francis ran at stipe like a fucking BULL ( it was entertaining though ) and was throwing punches in the air without thinking or waiting for stipe to make a mistake.
- Even though it was a very BAD performance by ngannou, stipe's head was very damaged ... ( he kept a black eye for months ... )
Stipe-Miocic.jpg

Now, the two fighters are not the same than in 2018 :

- Ngannou lost a lot of weights, his body is now better suited for MMA
- According to his camp, he follows a strict cardio training
- He showed an improved takedown defense, by stuffing takedowns from cain and blaydes, who are both better wrestlers than stipe
- Ngannou gained experience, and will wait for stipe to make a mistake, like he did against all his opponents this past yearb ( in all his career actually, exept the fight against stipe )
- Stipe, this last 3 fights, took A LOT of damage, and he is near 40 years old, I would not have a lot of confidence on Stipe's chin this time ...
- DC has showed that stipe doesn't deal well with leg kicks, leg kicks that are a new weapon on francis arsenal...

For all these reasons, I believe Francis SHOULD beat Stipe.
I agree. Plays hs cards right and he Kos stipe or wins via dec. can’t see him losing really.

You said it yourself " stipe won by taking damage ", this is not the best gameplan against ngannou after 2 wars against DC ( and bad KO ) and at 37 years old ...
Holy shit. As an unbiased observer of this discussion, in no way are you making a compelling or even coherent argument about anything. Do everyone a favor and go finish your grade 1 English class because this is one of the biggest clusterfucks I have ever read. Ignored

Stipe seems better on the ground so he'll come with the same game plan and most likely win again.
His last fight should help me to know to not try your luck standing if you are the better wrestler.
DC learned it the hard way

If he utilizes the same Edmond Tarverdyan head movement he did in the DC fights then yes he will get KTFO.

Before I opened the thread I expected this to be one of those threads where it's like "Ngannou will KO Stipe" just because you wanted to come on and make a statement and tell everyone this without actually presenting anything so kudos to you for this.

In regards to this though, I'm not sure, I'm not saying it couldn't happen (of course, it could) but I just feel Stipe is a much better fighter and couldn't really see NGannou out working Stipe to be honest.

The HW division really does need some fresh talent, it doesn't seem like there's much competition for Stipe to be really honest, I really like JDS but I couldn't see him beating Stipe either if I'm honest.

They need to bring in some fresh and tougher challenges I think.

I predict Ngannou via vicious LEG KICK.
Same thing he did against JDS. In 1mn fight, he landed 4 leg kicks, that fucked up JDS, aking him panick and throw a sloppy right hand, that Ngannou counter because he is a really good counter striker.

He will do the same against Miocic , he's gonna be calm this time, landing only leg kick to make stipe come at him

Holy shit. As an unbiased observer of this discussion, in no way are you making a compelling or even coherent argument about anything. Do everyone a favor and go finish your grade 1 English class because this is one of the biggest clusterfucks I have ever read. Ignored
why ? it is easy to say an argument is not compelling without saying why, I thought you finished your grade 1 english class mate ...

Back