How good is Porier's takedown defence?

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if it's closer to Michal Johnson good? He's in trouble

but if it's al iaquinta good? he could pull the upset imo...he's tough and will out point Khabib on the feet. Don't think Khabib has the power to end him standing.

The problem is Dustin hasn't fought many guys who are top position grapplers...most of the wrestlers he's fought use it to stand.

The Korean Zombie is the only one who mixes it up and he tapped him out...can khabib do the same? that was a while ago tho.

It's an interesting style match..if dustin wasn't a former 145er I'd be betting on him for sure

TDD =/= DEFENSIVE wrestling. Tibau defended EVERY khabib takedown but couldn't get his back off the fence. I'd say Dustin doesn't have as strong of a base as Tibau but is certainly better at getting his back off of the fence and pummeling.

Not better than MJ or RDA, I doubt his TDD is even as good as Conor's.

I'm sure he's working on it a lot. The question I have is he working out with not just wrestling, but judo and sambo people as well who are world class.

Dustin will pray to Urban Jesus and then Flying knee Khabib straight into Jannah in the first 3 seconds.

First i saw a thread title that said "Pourier" then this one which says "Porier"

Is "Poirier" too hard to spell correctly?

Inb4 "Poorier"

TDD =/= DEFENSIVE wrestling. Tibau defended EVERY khabib takedown but couldn't get his back off the fence. I'd say Dustin doesn't have as strong of a base as Tibau but is certainly better at getting his back off of the fence and pummeling.

Are you trying to have the most understated comment of the year? Tibau's TDD was ridiculous.

Dustin didn't get to where he is by having scrub level TDD. He's an excellent fighter, has been an excellent fighter for many years and has been fending off TDs for most of it.

He's still getting tossed around. DC can't stop this dude, Conor couldn't stop this dude, Dustin ain't stopping this dude.

Dustin is the first person khabib has fought that is a legit threat everywhere

Yeah you are forgetting that this fight was more than 6 years ago. Khabib's game is not the same. At that time he was mostly throwing telegraphed singles. His game has evolved.

Tibau was roided as hell, have you seen his physique in that fight? He almost put romero to shame... Look at him when he fought Islam.

Please don't comment without considering other factors in

I'm sure he's working on it a lot. The question I have is he working out with not just wrestling, but judo and sambo people as well who are world class.

This is so dumb, Judo is just greco with a gi

Not better than MJ or RDA, I doubt his TDD is even as good as Conor's.
MJ's defensive wrestling is horrendous. DP's is def better. Plus the dude tried to guillotine Khabib instead of dig underhooks and turn off the fence LOL

Back