What does Khabib need to be the GOAT?

A-Level Wrestler

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
How many more wins? Would 30-0 solidify him as the undisputed and unanimous GOAT? Does he just have to beat Tony Ferguson and retire?

He hss to have several title defenses. He is undefeated. But Silva, GSP, Fedor, Bones had all long title defense streaks. Khabib is at start atm.

If he beats Dustin, Tony, and GSP in the same dominant fashion he has with his other opponents, you could definitely make a case for him to be the GOAT.

Keep in mind that the longest defense streak of LW is 3 defenses... That just goes to show how deep the division is.

Undisputed GOAT? If he moves up to welterweight after his 30th victory and beats whoever the champ is, he'd be the clearest choice for GOAT IMO.
But that's all wishful thinking, I doubt he will move up.

He’s in contention now.

But to answer your question: Beat Ferg and it’s in the bag.

<seedat>

If he beat poirer and ferguson.. i would said he is the LW goat without question.

But.. today is still Gomi.

Fight the actual top fighters in his class, Conner and Al aren't even top 5

Needs more big wins. He's undefeated but his resume is still just good. Needs several title defenses. Beating Ferguson and Poirer would be huge, I'll tell you that much.

he's one T-Ferg away from LW GOAT status.
if he stays undefeated, and adds GSP (at any weight) and a 170 belt, he's top 3 P4P of all time.
if he defends the 170+155 one last time after that, he'll be my number 1 GOAT.

He needs quite a few more top wins/title defenses.

He passes the eye test with flying colors, but he stills has only five or six top wins at the most.

That's roughly half of the number of *title fights* GSP won.

I don't think he automatically needs the exact same number in quantity, but the gap needs to be closed to some extent, with Khabib beating the rest of the top LWs, as well as a top WW or two (if he retires early like some have speculated...if not running the table at LW is a possibility).

How many more wins? Would 30-0 solidify him as the undisputed and unanimous GOAT? Does he just have to beat Tony Ferguson and retire?
He is goat because no peds and no suspect peds and no one can beat beat at that weight class

He’s never going to be the consensus goat. No one ever will be. Beating Ferg would definitely make it a lot easier for fans to argue his case though

As things are now though, I would argue Ferguson has more of a claim

Win against Ferg [31242x]

giphy.gif

We'll start talking if he becomes champ at 170 and defends a few times.

30-0 with one of those wins being over Ferg and it’s a wrap.

He hss to have several title defenses. He is undefeated. But Silva, GSP, Fedor, Bones had all long title defense streaks. Khabib is at start atm.
Roided fighters can take more punishment. Khabib will never have 10+ title defenses, no natty fighter can.

Jon and GSP have defended 9-10 times, GSP also won belts in two divisions.

Khabib defended once.

Have a bunch of defenses.

His title reign was fighting a short notice #8 LW on a weeks notice for the belt and then defending against drunkard that was coming off a 2 year layoff.

Btw he won’t surpass BJ. What BJ did would be like Khabib going to WW and subbing Usman, then fighting Usman again and knocking him out.

Back